Chapter 4

(for those who have already read this chapter, I slightly changed the end of it)

--------------

"Alex, no don't even think about it" Maggie said as I looked at the note we found.

"And why not? Lena's life is on the line, Maggie. what choice do I have?" I put the note in my pocket. I look at Lena's destroyed office, sighing.

"Oh I don't know, maybe telling your sister so you can come up with a plan? I won't let you sacrifice yourself just like that" Maggie slammed her hand on Lena's desk in frustration as my phone rang.

"We'll talk about this later" I said as I answered the phone.

"Hello Alex" I froze and gave Maggie a worried look as she walked over to me confused.

"Who is this?" The person on the other side had masked their voice so I couldn't figure out who it is.

"You have 24 hours. If you don't hand yourself in, I'll be taking in my next subject" growing frustrated, Maggie put her hand on my shoulder to calm me down a bit.

"Listen you, If you don't give Lena back I'll-"

"24 hours Alex, Come alone. I'll text you the details" The person said as they hung up.

Right then I got a message of the location.

My old highschool? oh God...

******************

"Where the hell is Lena?" I asked Maggie as we waited for her outside the school.

"Probably just a little late-" She started as her phone buzzed "Speaking of the devil" answering her phone, she looked around for Lena.

"Where are you?" Maggie asked as I stared at her.

"Behind you silly head" I nearly had a heart attack when I turned to see Lena behind us.

"Damn it Lena! you scared the shit out of me!" I said nudging her lightly.

"Sorry didn't mean to" She said laughing at us.

I rolled my eyes "So where is this mysterious place of yours?" Maggie asked as Lena signaled for us to follow her.

A few minutes later we ended up in a dark ally, and at the end of it was a door.

"Uh, Lena? you sure this is safe?" I asked cautiously. Lena nodded and gave me the 'of course its safe' look as we walked towards the door.

Lena knocked on the door and someone opened a eye lid. "Dollywood" she said as the person unlocked the door for us.

Walking in, I looked around to see she had taken us to some sort of secret bar.

"Lena? what are we doing here?" Maggie asked, looking at the pool table and smiling slightly.

"I usually come here when I want to be alone or play some pool" She said signalling to the pool table.

giggling slightly I nodded "Yeah well this place is perfect for Maggie, look she's already at the pool table"

Maggie called out for us to come join her as we both laughed.

I have a feeling this place is going to be our little hideout.

************

Kara was pacing back and fourth around the apartment as I walked back in with Maggie.

"Oh thank God you're okay!" She said running towards me and giving me a huge hug. Maggie was giving Kara a sympathetic look as she let go of me.

"Where's Lena..?" She asked nervously. Maggie shook her head as I pulled out the note and showed her it.

Covering her mouth, shocked, Kara fell to the ground crying. I got down next to her and hugged her tightly. "We'll find Lena, I promise you" I said to her as Maggie came up next to us.

"We need a plan, because we're obviously not turning Alex in" She said, her arms crossed.

Kara nodded, getting up and wiping her tears.

"I have an Idea" I said as they both turned to listen to me.

"Meet me at the DEO tomorrow morning" Maggie nodded.

I hope this works...

---------------------

"Winn, what do you got?" I said as I walked in with Maggie and Kara, standing behind him, he opened up the files we have on Cadmus and a city map.

"You're supposed to meet whoever this is at NC high school in 3 hours right?" I nodded.

"We have security cameras planted all over campus, and Maggie" he said as she looked at him.

"You have your backup waiting there right?" Nodding, he continued.

"Okay Alex, you're going to walk in through the main gate, weaponless-" Maggie cut him off

"What? No Way! how will she defend herself?" raising an eyebrow at her Winn got back to explaining. "She has to look like we're actually turning her in" looking frustrated Maggie allowed him to go on.

"Now Kara, you'll be waiting on the South-east side to pick up Lena once Maggie escorts her out" Kara nodded.

"Maggie, once Lena is secured-"

"I go in and help Alex" she quickly said.

"Right.. Everyone ready?" everyone nodded as we turned to leave.

Walking out, Maggie grabbed my arm.

"Alex, I don't think this is a good idea" I sighed.

"Maggie, I have to do this, other wise Lena's dead"

I released my arm from her grip and walked out, Maggie stood there watching me with her hand on her forehead.

-------------------

Back in the apartment, I grabbed a beer while waiting for our queue to leave.

"Okay, whats wrong?" Kara said as she sat next to me.

"Hmm? Nothings wrong other than the fact that Lena's been kidnapped" I said sarcastically.

"I mean it Alex, whats wrong? I know somethings off" She said as I sighed.

"Is it Maggie?" I quickly turned my head towards her.

is it?

"Come on Alex, I see the way you look at her. It's no secret you still care" grinning slightly, I spoke.

"It's just that, I never got an explanation, you know? She just upright left one day and I still have no Idea why" nodding, she gave me a re assuring smile.

"Alex, she still cares too" she said looking at me.

I was about to say something when my phone rang.

Maggie.

"Danvers, up for a drink?"
She asks as I pick up the phone, looking at Kara she pretends she's not listening.

"Sure, why not" I sigh , this might not be the best idea ever.

"Great, meet me at our place" she quickly says as she hangs up.

"That was Maggie wasnt it?" Kara asks fixing her glasses

"How'd you know?" laughing, I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're face immediately lit up, plus I heard the entire conversation, super hearing remember?" rolling my eyes, I put my phone in my pocket.

"So are you going or what?" sighing, I grab my keys to leave as Kara wishes me good luck.

*****************

Thank you guys for reading! Sorry for the short ish- chapter, I realized if I write more there will be less chapters yikes.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!