Chapter 5

"...And I win! Again" I said laughing while walking over to Maggie who rolled her eyes in defeat.

"Aww do I not get a chance to win my money back?" she laughs as she walks over next to me.

"At this rate we'll be here all night" I said as Lena walked over to us.

"Hey guys, want some drinks?" nodding I grabbed a shot from her as we all sat down.

Just as I was about to say something Maggie's phone rang, she picked it up and answered quickly.

"Okay okay I'm coming" she says nervously, hanging up she gives me an apologetic look.

Getting up, she kisses my cheek and says goodbye, leaving me and Lena confused.

------------------

"Hey Sawyer!" I call out to Maggie as I see her walking through the hall, running up next to her , I give her a confused look.

"Hey whats wrong?" I ask concerned.

"Uh nothing" the bell rings indicating we both have to go to class.

"Listen I can't talk, I'll see you later" she says quickly running off to class.
Weird.

When lunch break came along I looked for Maggie everywhere but I couldn't find her, settling down next to Winn, I told him what happened.

"Don't worry about it" he says as he finishes up his burger. "She's probably stressed about something and needs some time. Just give her space, she'll come around" nodding , I sigh. "Yeah I guess you're right. But I can't help to feel worried about it" laughing, Winn nudges me. "It's normal to worry about the person you're in love with" I was about to deny it but he cut me off " come on Alex, I know you. The only people you get that worked up about are Maggie and Kara. And we both know how much they mean to you"

Maybe he's right. What if I do love her?

Once I got home from school I layed in my bed, thinking about what Winn told me.

"Knock knock" Kara says outside my bedroom door, sitting up she walks in.

"Hey Alex" she sat down next to me "you alright? You never come home straight to your bed" Sighing, I tell her everything.

"Alex this is HUGE!" She says excitedly " you should tell her" shaking my head , I think better of it.

"No way, she doesn't even like me back. Remember what happened last time?" rolling her eyes, she says "of course I do, but its been months and you two really hit it off, plus you graduate in 3 months I think you should tell her"

Looking at my hands, I take a deep breath.

"I don't think I should Kara, I feel like id be risking a friendship I really care about"

Kara sighed. "Look, I know its hard and I know its scary, but if you care about someone that much you shouldn't hide it from them. Plus, I see the way she looks at you. How her eyes light up when you enter a room, how her smile grows when you make her laugh, its the simple things. So I can promise you, she cares too"

I smiled at the thought of Maggie. Man I really do love her, I can't imagine my life without her honestly.

"Im just worried I'll loose her again, last time it didnt really end well"

"Yeah but you guys found each other again, remember? You guys will always find each other because thats what soulmates do. And trust me, I've never met two people who are so perfect for each other before I saw you and Maggie"