Chapter 6

Sorry guys again for the long wait... School has gotten me so busy :(( but here's a new chapter! I hope you guys enjoy :) this time its in Maggie's point of view :)

---------------------------

"Where's Alex?" Kara asked as I rushed Lena and Eliza to the car outside the school building.

"She's still in there, she refused to come down with us" Lena quickly answered before I could, "I'm going back in for her" I said, Just as I was about to run back in Kara grabbed my arm, knowing that she's much stronger than me I didn't try to break loose. "Let me guess, you're not going to let me go after her?" She nodded giving me a stern look. "Not a chance, Alex would kill me if something happened to you" I sighed. "But I won't just leave her there! she could be killed, and then I won't know what to do with-" Kara cut me off. "She'll be fine, It's Alex we're talking about here, DEO badass, And we're not just going to leave her, we will find her, but we both know Alex wouldn't want you to just rush in after her, we need a plan. So lets just go back to the DEO and figure this out" I nodded slowly and she released her grab on me. Once she turned to get into the drivers seat of the car I ran back inside, I heared her yelling at me but I ignored her as I rushed up the stairs quickly, I checked every classroom carefully until I came across one that had a letter on a desk.

Thanks for handing her in, I was hoping we could do this the easy way. You can keep your little pets. Oh and Don't bother looking for her, if you do I'll kill her.

I fell to the floor, feeling light headed as Kara barged in, she held me up as I felt my world turn upside down, I could hear yelling but I couldn't make out the words, until I finally gave in and fell backwards, darkness feeling my vision.

------------------------------------

Flashback

"Hey Alex!" I called out to her as I ran up next to her, we were walking down the hallway at school and she looked rather upset about something. "Is everything okay?" I asked and she stopped, turning to look at me. "Um yeah, I guess" she quickly said. "Look im late to class, ill catch you later?" I nodded, disappointed that she didn't trust me enough to tell me whats wrong as she made her towards her class.

Later that day I saw Alex and Lena sitting and laughing about something, so I went over to them.

"Hey guys" I said enthusiastically.

"I just remembered the principle wanted to talk to me about something, I'll see you guys later" Alex said as she grabbed her bags and left, refusing to look at me.

I felt a stab in my heart as I sat in-front of Lena. "Don't mind her, she's just stressed about something that's all" She reassured me while taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"She didn't look so stressed while you guys were laughing about something" Lena sighed and placed her sandwich down on her plate. "Look, she isn't upset with you I promise. just talked to her, i'm sure she'll be more than willing to tell you, considering that she lo-" she was about to say something when Kara smacked her head. "Ouch! the hell was that for?" Lena said while rubbing her head, Kara sat down next to her.

"Sure Lena just tell the world Alex's secrets" She said as she rolled her eyes, looking at them weirdly, I nodded and got up. "Thanks for the talk Lena" Lena smiled and I turned to Kara "It was nice seeing you, but I think I should go speak with Alex" nodded understandingly, Kara turned to talk with Lena as I walked back inside to find Alex.

Walking through what seemed like endless hallways, I found Alex sitting down on the floor against the wall, her head placed between her knees and her arms rapped around them. I could hear her sniffling a bit.

"Alex? Are you okay?" I said as I sat down next to her. She looked up at me, her eyes were red from crying and tears were smeared all over her cheeks. She wiped them off with her sleeve as I handed her a tissue from my bag. "Thanks" She smiled while blowing her nose. Nodding I looked at her as to show that i'm waiting for her to answer me.

"What happened?" I asked as she sat up to look at me.

"It's nothing really, don't worry about it" rolling my eyes I raised an eyebrow at her.

"It's obviously something Alex, Otherwise the schools badass wouldn't be sitting alone during recess crying" She laughed a little at that and I smiled at her.

"It's just.." She started and I looked at her.
"It's my dad, He's gone missing, he works for the FBI and he was supposed to be back from a mission days ago, but they hadn't gotten a report back from him or any sign that hes alive so they just crossed him off as 'KIA'"

she started tearing up again so I wrapped my arms around her. "Hey, it's okay, i'm sure he's fine, and he'll be back before you know it" I said, kissing her head she got more comfortable in my embrace and we just sat there for a while.

"I hope so, I don't know what I'd do if he actually turns out to be dead" She started crying again.

"Hey, whatever happens I'm here for you, okay?"

Alex nodded. "Can we just sit here and not talk?"

I smiled at her. "Yeah"

-------------------------------

Opening my eyes, a bright light hit me and I realized I was back in the DEO. sitting up slowly, Kara ran up to me, she was wearing her supergirl suit which indicated she must have been looking for Alex.

"Hey hey hey" she said while helping me sit up. "Be careful Maggie, you've been out for over 15 hours" 15 hours? what the hell? "Wh-what? what do you mean 15 hours? I can't just sit here! I have to find Alex" I quickly got out of bed and grabbed my leather jacket, turning around to leave I skid to a stop as Kara was standing in front of me.

"Maggie, you can't just leave like that, you need to rest, and we need to figure out what it is we should do next, we don't even know where Alex is-" I cut her off.

"yeah but you sure were out there looking for her, considering you're in your suit"

She sighed and nodded. "But I had no luck in finding her. which is why I need you, so follow me" rolling my eyes, I followed her out of the infirmary and over to the main desks where J'onn was waiting for us.

"Maggie, you're alright" He said happily as he gave me a big hug, I smiled slightly as I pulled away from the hug. "So where are we on the locating Alex aspect?" I asked as I went over to Winn, who was working at the computer.

"Kara has flown to over 20 places that could have been potential Cadmus bases but Alex wasn't anywhere near them" Winn said disappointingly. "Well maybe you just haven't tried hard enough" I said angerly as I walked out of the DEO, Kara was yelling back at me but I ignored her, walking to the only place I knew I could go.

--------------------------------

Hey guys! im so so sorry for the super long wait.... I was really busy with school then I got writers block and now I finally have another chapter out.. yay! haha, I also got the new laptop which makes writing much much easier. I finished the entire book (whattttttttttttt!) but im not publishing every chapter at once... so heres chapter 6 for now :) also, the book isnt really that long for A) I hate long fanfics, I feel like they just center over the same thing over and over again in every chapter... B) the storyline I came up with 2 months ago for this book can't really be written out in like 30 long chapters

I hope you guys enjoy it anyway :) feedback is greatly appreciated ! I would love to know what you think as this is my first ever fanfic :)

~Shay