Chapter 40

Alex stood over her sisters unconscious body that had been carefully placed under the yellow sun ray bed at the DEO, even after all that had happened Kara looked so peaceful just lying there unaware of the world that by some miracle was still turning. Alex wiped a tear quickly away from her face knowing that she had to stay string for Kara, she had to make sure everything would be okay. 

"She'll be okay" J'onn said solemnly putting a reassuring hand on Alex's shoulder, it was no secret that he treated the Danvers sisters like they were his own flesh and blood, so to see one of his precious children near death and to see the other one slowly falling slowly apart just about broke his heart. 

"Not if we don't find a way to cure Lena" Alex said sadly, J'onn nodded slowly knowing full well that Alex was right he didn't even want to think about Kara's reaction if they couldn't figure out a way to help Lena, that very well may be enough to push her over the edge, and not the good type of edge. "I should go asses her" Alex mumbled, turning away from her sister's sleeping soul, J'onn grabbed her wrist softly, looking into her sad dark eyes with his sympathetic ones. 

"You don't have to, stay here with Kara I can find someone else to do that" J'onn said quietly, smiling slightly to show that it's okay if she wasn't strong enough but Alex pulled her wrist out of J'onn's grip. 

"Kara would never forgive me if Lena died like this" Alex said chocking on her words slightly as she tried to hold back the cries of pain, J'onn nodded understanding that Alex had to do this for her sister. The oldest Danvers sister made her way through the brightly lit corridors of the DEO, until she reached her destination. Alex stood outside one of the many glass holding cells that were contained within the DEO, Lena was restrained to a bed in the centre of the cell, she was being kept in a constant medical induced coma to keep her from doing even more damage. Alex entered the cell as she started to look over Lena's vitals. 

It had been a couple of hours since Alex had started Lena's medical exam and it was not looking good, with the amount of toxins swimming around her bloodstream Alex was surprised that she hadn't dropped dead already. It wasn't all bad news though Alex was pretty certain that she would be able to cleanse Lena's body of Kryptonite, her brain function was a completely different matter however, The CEO couldn't feel anything whether it be emotional or physical, and on top of that she was unable to have independent thought. Alex wasn't even going to discuss her lack of eyesight, she doubted Lena would ever be able to see again, she had been well and truly butchered. 

"How is she?" Kara said in a broken voice, Alex spun round from her patient at the sound of her sisters voice, the Danvers sister's collided together, wrapping their arms around each others bodies, the hug lasted for an eternity when finally Alex let go of Kara's strong body, wiping tears of joy away from her eyes, just happy to see that her sister wasn't permanently injured from Lena's attack. 

"Kara I'm sorry" Alex began, with those words Kara's hopeful eyes became dim, she felt like her whole world was collapsing in about her because in these last few weeks Lena was her world, she would do anything for that woman but despite her Superpowers she was was powerless in this situation. "Her whole body is shutting down, she could go into multi-organ failure any minute, theres nothing I can do" Alex paused as she saw silent tears pouring onto Kara's pale cheeks, "I'm so sorry" Alex reiterated, a tear falling from her own eye as she realised how badly she must be letting her sister feel. 

"There must be something you can do, please Alex try anything please no matter how experimental or dangerous, Lena's a fighter she can survive anything" Kara pleaded looking deep into her sisters eyes, she couldn't let Lena die without trying anything to bring her back to being herself again. 

"Well I can try and operate on her brain, I might be able to regain some primary function, but Kara I'm warning you even if the procedure is successful she will never be the Lena you used to know, that Lena died when Lillian put her hands on her" Alex said harshly needing Kara to understand the risks and possible outcomes, which are mediocre at best. Kara nodded her head not fully taking in what her sister was saying, Kara was willing to try anything so she would be able to touch, to kiss Lena again. 

"Do it please, try anything" Kara commanded her voice wavering slightly, Alex nodded understanding what her sister needed from her. Alex began to prep Lena's body for surgery, making sure everything was sterile so as not to cause an infection, which would be certain death for the Lena, Kara was watching Alex's every move scared to leave the room in case anything happened.  

Suddenly without any warning J'onn came sprinting into Lena's holding cell where the Danvers sisters were, Alex and Kara turned towards a out of breath space dad, panting heavily after his sudden outburst of exercise. 

"We need Supergirl" J'onn said breathlessly, obvious fear present in his eye, Alex furrowed her eyebrows knowing that Kara couldn't possibly be back to full health already. 

"I can't leave Lena" Kara said, tears still stained to her cheeks, J'onn turned his attention to Alex who was just about to start opening up Lena's skull so she was able to operate on her brain. He looked straight into the Alex's eyes not daring to blink. 

"Maggie's missing in action" 

Authors Note:

Hey guys hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the reads, comments and votes it means so much to me!

Don't forget to check out my other Supercorp story 'The Supercorp Diaries' and my Swanqueen story 'Swanqueen is the new black'

Thank you!