Chapter 5

Present-day Yo was really difficult to get used to. The nerdy-looking midget who he had talked to just a few days ago (based on what Ming last remembered) did NOT match up to the guy who was sitting in front of him right now, casually munching on a banana. Okay, fine, the natural cuteness that is practically an element of Yo remained the same, which was actually how Ming was able to recognize him in the first place. But seriously, his best friend's changed appearance was one of the most surprising developments in his future or his present or whatever the heck this was.

"Okay, so we both go to Kantaphat University, I'm an engineering major and you're a science major, and we're both entering our third years next month," Ming recapitulated. He couldn't help himself and added, "Man, I can't believe you got into Kantaphat with me, especially with your lousy brains."

Scowling, Yo threatened to throw the banana peel that he was holding at Ming's face. Ming laughed. With or without his memories, annoying Yo was still Ming's favorite pastime.

"So, how do I know the other guys who came here a few days ago?" Ming inquired.

Over the past several days, Ming was in the process of learning about his "future" from Yo. And learning about his future was super interesting, especially because it sounded so AMAZING. He definitely enjoyed the part about him becoming the campus moon, which of course was totally expected given his handsome looks but, STILL, huge kudos to himself!!!

Yo had given him a fair amount of detail on major events that happened during his high school and college years, which he truly appreciated from his friend. But Yo strangely skimped out on describing the relationships that Ming formed during the past five years and Ming really wanted to know as much as he could. Especially about the four good-looking men who had come to see him that day. He didn't get a chance to formally hear introductions from everyone given the shock of his whole SH*T-I-just-lost-five-years-of-my-memories!!! crisis, but now he was really regretting not doing so. Because he was particularly dying to know more about one person from that group. That guy who he just couldn't stop thinking about ever since he woke up.

"I told you already. You know them from college."

"Okay, but I want details."

"What details?"

Ming rolled his eyes.

"Who they are, how I met them, how I got to know them. Everything! And I want to see pictures too!" Ming eagerly exclaimed.

Yo sighed. He was actually playing dumb right now, just to stall time and hopefully get himself out of this mess. Yo really didn't like this plan. Kit's plan. The plan that was just going to utterly fail and cause misery to the entire world. Okay, so he was exaggerating just a bit, but this plan literally SUCKED! And as much as he adored Kit, Yo was Ming's best friend. He knew how much Ming loved Kit, how much Kit had meant to his friend.

Yo had witnessed the two's relationship from the very start. He remembered how Ming looked like such a lovesick puppy when he was telling Yo about the feelings that he was developing towards Kit. He remembered how Ming bounced around in pure ecstasy when he was telling Yo that the two had finally started dating. He remembered how Ming completely broke down when he was telling Yo that Kit had suddenly ended their relationship. I wanted to hold on to him, stop him and beg him not to leave me, but he said that he didn't love me anymore, Ming had cried. Yo couldn't keep himself from tearing up with his friend, upset and shaken because he had never seen Ming so completely crushed before.