Chapter 7

Kit had no idea how he ended up where he was now. If possible, he would go back in time just to stop this catastrophe from happening. Which currently involved him sitting in the hospital room with a smiling Ming. Just the two of them. All alone. This was so awkward! Kit seriously needed to come up with some kind of excuse to get out of this room and away from Ming's sight as soon as possible.

It had all started when Beam burst into Kit's apartment, boisterously demanding that Kit get his ass out of the bed and start getting himself ready to go. Ready to go where, Kit grumpily asked Beam as he tried to swat away Beam's hands that were roughly pulling him out of the blankets and shoving him into the bathroom. To go see Ming, Beam replied nonchalantly. Kit had to pause for a minute in order to fully comprehend Beam's words. And when the words finally clicked in his brain, Kit just stopped and stared in disbelief at Beam. Who was putting on such an unknowing expression that Kit was at a loss of words, feeling for a moment that he was the one in the wrong.

"Why am I going to see Ming?" Kit eventually asked, as he glared at Beam.

The LAST thing Kit wanted to do was go visit Ming. In fact, Kit would strongly prefer not to create any type of situation that involved him and Ming seeing each other or interacting in any what way. Beam glared back at Kit, shaking his head and clearly showing his huge displeasure with Kit.

"Unless you want your stupid plan to fail MISERABLY, do what I say," Beam ordered.

It had already been a couple of weeks since Ming had been in the hospital, and during that time, Pha, Beam, and Forth had all visited Ming at least once. According to Beam, it was just outright suspicious if Kit was the only one who didn't go see Ming. Especially when Kit had "bawled out his eyes like a baby" (as directly quoted by Beam) when Ming woke up.

"I did NOT bawl out my eyes like a baby!" Kit furiously denied, attempting to smack Beam for his horrific choice of words.

"Okay, okay, whatever you want to tell yourself at night to sleep, but that's not the point!" Beam (slightly) surrendered, as he tried to avoid Kit's quite painful punches. "Ming keeps asking about you, okay?" he added.

"What?" Kit faltered, one of his punches halting mid-air.

"Ming asked about you. More than once. He's clearly wondering why you're the only one in the group who hasn't come to see him," Beam explained.

Although Kit was, admittedly, very hot-tempered and argumentative, he could also be very easily persuaded. And to Kit's dismay, Beam's logic actually made sense. Yo said that he had introduced the four of them as friends that Ming met during his years in college, and it would indeed be strange if Kit was the only one of the four who did not go check up on Ming.

But when was Beam so enthusiastic about making sure Kit's "stupid" plan worked out successfully? Kit peered at Beam suspiciously. You're the one who wanted me to help out, Beam huffed, looking a bit offended.

Still, Kit hesitated. He wasn't quite ready yet to actually meet Ming and talk to him face-to-face. But upon Beam's insistence, he ultimately decided to go only if Beam was there, right by his side the whole time. Beam nodded his head, reassuring Kit that he wouldn't leave Kit's side even for a second during the entire visit, and he pushed a still doubtful Kit into his car.