Chapter 17

"I need to go now," Kit said for the billionth time.

"Okay," Ming easily responded.

But Ming's arms were still tightly wrapped around Kit and didn't seem to have any intention of letting him go. Not like Ming was the only one at fault here. Because Kit wasn't really making an effort to free himself from Ming's strong embrace. Yet, Kit knew that if this continued any longer, he was really going to be late to his classes. With a sigh, Kit gently removed Ming's arms off of him and reluctantly took a step away. Ming pouted in an instant.

"I could give you a ride," Ming tried again, shooting his signature puppy eyes at Kit.

Kit winced and immediately looked away, knowing how defenseless he was against those eyes. "No, not today. I need my car later this afternoon to drive over to the clinic." Kit glimpsed at Ming, who was still sulking. Suppressing a smile, Kit put on his best stern face. "You get yourself home today."

Ming had invited himself over to Kit's apartment a couple of days ago and he hadn't left since then. Of course, Kit really didn't mind at all. But he didn't want Ming's family to worry about him.

"Hmm?" With a grin plastered on his face, Ming cocked his head to one side. "But my home is here, right where you are."

He dove back into Kit, hugging him firmly and bringing them back to square one. Kit laughed and hugged Ming back for a brief moment. But, seriously, this never-ending cycle of silliness had to be stopped now. Letting out another sigh, Kit wiggled himself out of Ming's embrace. At Ming's sad face, Kit eventually smiled and lightly pecked Ming on the lips. Ming's pouting lips immediately curved upwards into a dreamy smile.

"I really do need to go now. I'll call you when I'm done, okay?" Kit promised as he planted another tender kiss on Ming's lips. Ming nodded and kissed him back several times.

Finally heading out of the apartment, Kit checked the time on his phone. He half-sprinted his way over to his car, realizing that it was very likely that he would be a few minutes late. But, right when he sat himself in front of the steering wheel and was about to take off, an unexpected call stopped him in his tracks.

It was a call from his oldest brother. And upon hearing what his brother had to tell him, Kit's heart dropped.

***

Trying to calm himself down, Kit took a deep breath and attempted to focus all of his attention on the road. He was currently making the long trek back to his parents' house, with another hour or so of driving left to go. The textbooks scattered on the seat next to him caught his eye. Kit forced out a laugh. Well, there was no way that he was ever going to make it to his classes today.

Kit sighed and rubbed his tired eyes with one of his hands. He knew that this was eventually going to happen at some point. But he just pretended that everything was alright because he wanted to enjoy spending every second of peace that he could get with Ming. Even though he perfectly understood that pushing things off never worked out well for him.