Chapter 19

Begging his nervously shaking legs to please stay still, Ming forced himself to let out one of his signature bright smiles. But it seemed that he wasn't doing so good of a job. Because the grim expression of the man sitting in front of him did not change one bit. Ming's awkward smile faltered.

From the moment that he picked up the call this morning, Ming couldn't get rid of a sinking feeling that this meeting wasn't going to be pleasant. And he certainly had a reasonable basis for feeling that way. Ming had never met the man in front of him just by himself. Kit had always been by his side in each and every such encounter, which definitely boosted Ming's courage and confidence.

Of course, even with Kit by his side, the man never really did smile at Ming. At the sight of Ming, his typically grumpy face had always been fixed into a scowl, accompanied with a mouth spewing out a string of threats that were aimed directly at him. Threats that all basically summed up to how the man would be sure to kill Ming if he ever broke his baby brother's heart. And whenever that happened, even if he put on an unfazed front, Ming had always secretly felt (very very very) intimidated. But, right now, Ming would rather take all the deadly threats than sit through this wordless staring contest.

After what seemed like an eternity of chilling silence, Kieng sighed and finally opened his mouth.

"Ming, I like you."

What the f*ck?! Ming felt his jaw drop in shock. That was definitely not what he was expecting to hear. He blinked rapidly at Kieng, desperately trying to figure out what he should say in response. Thank you?! That's good to know?! I like you too?!

Not giving Ming a chance to get over his shock and come up with an appropriate response, Kieng continued to speak.

"I know you're a good guy. And, most importantly, I've seen how happy you make my brother. But this is spinning way out of control."

Kieng paused and shot Ming an expectant look. With confusion written all over his face, Ming just stared back at Kieng, not knowing what to say. Kieng sighed again.

"You don't know," Kieng mumbled under his breath. "Of course, you don't. Kit may try to act all tough on the outside, but you and I both know that his heart is way too soft. He wouldn't want to hurt you in any way, even if it means that he would take on all the pain alone."

The sinking feeling inside of him instantly grew into a roaring hurricane of dread. At that very moment, Ming knew that he was about to find out the ultimate truth. The truth behind everything that he had been dying to know. The truth that Kit had promised to tell him tonight. And even though his brain frantically ordered him to tell Kieng to stop and to wait until Kit was ready to tell him directly, his mouth wouldn't listen. Because Ming really wanted to know. Why Kit had pushed him away again and again, even when he still loved him and was tearing himself apart every step of the way.

"Your mother. She's not accepting of your relationship with Kit. And she voiced her opinion directly to him."

A Beautiful Paradox (COMPLETE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें