Chapter 24

Come find me.

After leaving that short handwritten message for Ming, Kit secretly headed off to their exclusive hiding place. He had been sitting there by himself for quite a while now, patiently waiting for Ming to arrive. As his eyes took in the serene and beautiful scenery in front of him, an array of their precious memories flashed through his mind in an instant. Including that fateful day when he had almost been forever lost but thankfully found by his one and only seeker. Kit, if I don't leave now, then I'm not ever going to leave you. I'm going to stay by your side forever. Ming had sweetly promised him that day. And he indeed kept true to those words, staying right by Kit's side from that moment on. Kit let out a laugh in disbelief as he remembered that precious moment. He couldn't believe that it had already been two years since then.

Time had seriously flown by so fast. Likely because throughout those two years, Ming and Kit had constantly kept themselves busy with the task of winning their families' approval for their relationship. Of course, as they had already predicted, it wasn't easy. But, never losing faith, they had taken it one step at a time with unwavering persistence. And although they hadn't made it to their perfect happy ending yet, they were extremely close.

Fortunately for them, everyone in Kit's family gave their support easily. Everyone except for his stubborn father. But, even though Kit's father was very unyielding at the start, fighting alone against the entire family steadily wore him out. And upon facing Kit's desperate pleadings and heartbreaking tears, his father eventually gave in (although he grumpily swore that he'd personally deal with Ming if he ever broke his son's heart).

On the other hand, as expected, Ming's parents proved to be a little more difficult. Although Ming's mother sincerely apologized to Kit for her past actions, she still cast doubt on their relationship. Yet, after realizing that their love became stronger as time passed and that her son was truly happy with Kit by his side, she ended up giving her approval. Plus she was very surprised at how Ming's father reacted to all of it. Despite his harsh words, it was glaringly obvious that Ming's father had a soft spot for Kit that kept growing day by day. What's your secret, Kit? The Daechapanya men just can't seem to resist you at all. Ming's mother had joked with an amused smile, and she predicted that it wouldn't be too long until he would surrender all the way.

And in the midst of earning all those wonderful victories, Ming and Kit also persevered through their daily struggles as college students and finally reached their graduation day. That fact alone brought such mixed feelings to Kit. He felt sad that they were now leaving the place where their relationship had beautifully blossomed. But, at the same time, he was also excited that they were about to start the next new chapter in their lives.

At this very moment in time, though, Kit was actually feeling a bit queasy. Because he was just minutes away from carrying out his special plan. To do what he had been intending to do for the longest time now. But, at the thought of actually doing it, his heart kept threatening to leap out of his chest. Sh*t, what the hell was wrong with him?!?!?! He wanted to laugh at himself for being so stupid, but he really couldn't stop his nerves from ramping up.

Choosing the location for his plan was definitely the easiest step in all of this. He assumed that choosing the time would be easy as well, but, to his dismay, it actually proved to be difficult. Kit had originally planned to do this right after Ming's graduation ceremony. But he had foolishly forgotten about Ming's colossal popularity. Before he even got a chance to talk to him, Ming's friends had snatched him away and dragged Ming to a countless number of celebratory parties that lasted for a couple of days. Of course, Ming attempted to get out of all of them because he was completely annoyed and grumpy at the fact that he wasn't spending time with his Kit. But Ming's friends wouldn't budge. He's all yours after this! They promised to Kit, as they muffled Ming's angry protests and took off with him.