Chapter 12

- Past -

"Did I do something that upset Kit?" Ming demanded to know as he desperately clung onto a very annoyed Beam.

Kit was acting strangely for the past several days. And it was driving Ming to the brink of insanity. At first, Ming thought that Kit was just busy with his studies, understanding that the medical students were usually pretty slammed with their never-ending exams and clinical rotations. Kit had even told Ming so, when Ming couldn't take it anymore and had waited for Kit in front of the medical building. At that time, Kit had given Ming an apologetic look, saying that he would be busy for the next few days with studying. I'll call you, okay? Kit promised, and he quickly walked away before Ming could get a word in.

Ming didn't want to be a clingy or obsessive boyfriend who interrupted Kit from his important studies, so he patiently waited. But with each passing day, he couldn't help but think that something was wrong. Kit didn't call him, and he didn't answer any of Ming's calls. Kit only provided very terse replies to his texts. And in the chance that they crossed paths on campus (usually because Ming made a continual effort to be around the medical building), their interactions were always cut short by a Kit who hastily walked off.

At this point, Ming was sure that for the past several days, Kit was purposefully avoiding him. And his excuse about being busy with his studies seemed to be an outright lie. Because if that were the case, he figured that he shouldn't be seeing Pha and Beam so often. The doctor trio had pretty much the same schedule, so if Beam had time to come visit Forth at the engineering building, then shouldn't Kit have some free time as well?

"OMG, leave me out of your stupid lovers' squabble!" Beam squawked in frustration, as he tried to brush off Ming's clingy hands.

Not letting go of Beam, Ming frowned. "But Kit keeps avoiding me! And I have no clue why!!!"

Shooting a very frustrated look at Ming, Beam eventually sighed in exasperation. Kit's going to kill me for this, he muttered under his breath as he handed over a set of keys to Ming.

"Go wait inside his apartment. He should be back in about an hour. This way, he won't be able to avoid you, so you could ask him directly why he's being such an idiot," Beam grumbled.

"...Why do you have the keys to Kit's apartment?"

Ming peered at Beam suspiciously. Although he was truly grateful for Beam's help, he couldn't stop his jealousy from spilling out. Beam rolled his eyes.

"I definitely don't have time for your jealous outbursts!" he scoffed before roughly pushing Ming away and heading off to meet Forth.

So, putting his jealousy aside, Ming obediently followed Beam's instructions. He used the keys to enter into Kit's apartment and he impatiently waited. Until Kit finally came back in about an hour, in line with Beam's prediction. Upon seeing Ming, a startled Kit jumped in surprise. Sensing that Kit might leave and try to avoid him again, Ming quickly walked over to Kit and held firmly onto his arm.