Friends time

Dedicated to my dearest friend khanam_Shadan

"A true friend is the one who upon seeing a fault gives you advice and who defends you in your absence." ~Imam Ali (AS)

*****************************

Little Care Orphanage:

Inaraah was distributing sweets among the children and volunteers when her friends joined her. They curiously looked at her as to why she was distributing sweets. She ignored them and continued her work. All the children circled around her friends and started their usual blabbering.

Miss. Sahiba asked her the reason for the sweets but she just shrugged it off saying her mother has sent it for them. After playing with the kids for sometime, Inaraah dragged her friends to the park near the orphanage.

At the park:

Suhana, Neha and Alisha settled on the park bench while Inaraah was standing facing them. She kept looking at them not knowing how to reveal about her engagement.

"Well we understood that yesterdays proposal worked out," Neha said shocking Inaraah.

"How do you know?" Inaraah asked.

"Duh... That was the reason you were distributing sweets in the orphanage." Neha spoke sounding so obvious.

"Oh. Yes it did but that's not the reason why I was distributing sweets." Inaraah said.

Her friends were looking at her intently waiting for her to speak further. Inaraah became more conscious under their gaze. She closed her eyes and told them, "I am engaged."

She opened her eyes to look at her friends who were staring at her with shock all over their face. "Girls please say something." Inaraah said confused with their reaction.

"Congratulations." Neha squealed and jumped on Inaraah to hug her. Suhana and Alisha joined them in the hug congratulating her.

"But I am hurt. You didn't invite us." Alisha said making a sad face.

"I am sorry girls. It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to invite you all." Inaraah spoke in her defence.

"That's okay Inu. Tell us who is the guy and what does he do?" Neha questioned.

Inaraah went all silent not knowing what to say. She was a bit scared to reveal the name. She sat on the bench and asked them to join her.

"I am engaged to Alhaan sir." Inaraah said gazing at the sky.

"What? Alhaan sir. As in your boss. How?" Neha asked.

Inaraah looked at them and narrated the whole story to them excluding the condition part.

"Woah! This is so amazing. It's so filmy that your boss have fallen for you. And now you both are engaged. Love is in the air. Now there will be romance everywhere in the office." Alisha spoke beaming with joy.

"What? Shut up Alisha. Think before you speak." Inaraah said a bit annoyed.

"Oh common. It's so obvious. You can go on dates and ............." Alisha spoke but Inaraah interrupted her.

(A/n: In case anyone has doubts about Alisha's response, lemme tell you she is Christian)

"Are you nuts? Dating is forbidden in Islam. And one more, only our families and now you all know about our engagement. I don't want anyone to know about it." Inaraah said.