First Day

*********************************

Inaraah's p.o.v

Qureshi Mansion - Alhaan's room:

A loud sound was booming in my ears breaking my slumber. I tried to ignore it and sleep but the tinkling sound was disturbing the peaceful aura of the room. I moved my hand to find the buzzing device but out of nowhere a hand reached it and stopped the annoying sound. I don't know who it was but I am thankful to that person.

I was about to continue my sleep when my senses got alerted. Whose hand was it? Did someone break into my room? I opened my eyes to a dark room but I could see a huge figure beside me. Fear crept in me and I did the first thing that crossed my mind.

"Babaaaaaaa..." I shrieked and sat up with a jerk.

"Inaraah are you okay?" The person next to me asked.

Wait! I heard this voice before. I looked at the person whose back was towards me while he switched on the bedside lamp. He turned towards me and I was shocked to see Alhaan sir.

"Alhaan sir, what are you doing in my room at this hour?" I asked him without thinking twice.

"What? Inaraah I....." His speech was halted by the ringing alarm. He stretched his hand to switch off the alarm. I blinked my eyes and then it dawned upon me. "I am married?" It was more like a question than statement.

"Yes wifey, we are married. And I am not in your room instead you are in our room" Alhaan sir said.

I looked down embarrassed with my stupidity. Alhaan sir made me look at him and said, "I am your husband Inaraah." I gave him a blank look. I know he is my husband. Maybe sensing my confusion he spoke, "Please stop calling me sir."

I don't know what to say so I just lowered my eyes feeling shy and embarrassed at a time. Alhaan sir placed his forehead on mine and I closed my eyes with our proximity. My heartbeat increased and I am sure he can hear it. Somewhere a part of me was scared too.

"Thanks for coming in my life Inaraah." Alhaan sir said which brought a smile on my face. We were sitting in the same position when again the alarm started ringing breaking the moment. Alhaan sir groaned taking my phone and asked, "How many alarms did you set?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and said, "Seven."

"What? But why?" Alhaan sir asked.

I looked at him and said, "Because I need minimum 5 alarms to wake up."

Alhaan sir looked shocked and I bit my lower lip to stop myself from laughing at his expression. He placed the phone in my hand and said, "Please turn off the alarms and till then I will freshen up."