Realization

Qureshi Mansion: Alhaan's room:

Alhaan came back to his room trying to calm his nerves. The look on Inaraah's face when he left the dining table was stabbing his heart. He didn't want to be rude to her but his mind is too clouded to think straight. He sat on the couch, leaning his head on it and closed his eyes.

He was so engrossed in his own pool of thoughts that he didn't notice when the door of his room opened and Inaraah walked in.

Inaraah looked at Alhaan whose forehead was creased and he seemed to be in some deep thoughts. She made her way towards the couch and settled beside him. Hesitantly she placed her hand on his shoulder to gain his attention.

Alhaan opened his eyes when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked at his left and found Inaraah sitting beside him.

"Talk to me Alhaan." Inaraah said just above the whisper.

Alhaan stayed silent for sometime and averted his gaze to the ground. "What should I say Inaraah? I feel like a loser." Alhaan replied.

Inaraah's face fell at his words. She didn't like it when he called himself loser. She took his hand in hers firmly and spoke, "Don't say that Alhaan. Please don't blame yourself for the earlier event."

"Why shouldn't I? It's been three months to our marriage but still I couldn't be a good husband.

Some stranger comes to my house and indirectly insults my wife. My wife is hurt and yet she mask it. My wife is sad yet she carried a smile on her face.

I just sat there doing nothing and let her speak nonsense. I failed as a husband. I promised your brothers to protect you always but I couldn't keep it." Alhaan said in a defeated tone.

"Please Alhaan. You are taking it all wrong. Your ..............." Inaraah tried to explain but Alhaan interrupted her.

"What's wrong Inaraah? Tell me? Instead of sharing your pain with me, you avoided me.

You have made it a habit of ignoring your loved ones. You don't bother to know how they feel when you push them away. You hide yourself in the walls you created around yourself not allowing others to help you." Alhaan said more like blamed her.

His words deeply effected Inaraah. He is right. She used to hide herself pushing everyone away from her. But now everything changed. She started expressing her thoughts to Alhaan instead of writing them. She don't even remember the last time she wrote her diary.

The click of the door brought her out of her reverie and she looked around to find herself alone in the room. Controlling her tears, she got up to search for Alhaan.

______________________

Qureshi Mansion- Terrace:

After searching him for 15 minutes, she finally found him on terrace. He was busy staring at the sky as if trying to make holes in it.

His words kept ringing in her ears making her a bit furious on him. She made her way towards Alhaan and forcefully made him to look at her.

"You are right Alhaan. I am hurt deeply. But you know what's hurting me?" Inaraah questioned.

Alhaan blankly looked at her but didn't reply. The little patience she had in her was gone and she lost it on him.

"It's you who is hurting me. Whatever that lady said had no effect on me. Do you know why?" Inaraah questioned again but only got silence in return.