|10|

The library had become silent after the emotional moment between the two friends. Clarissa reveled in the silence that had surrounded them. She could finally begin to think of what could be happening to her, trying to force the shallow tug at the memories that she could not seem to grasp. If someone had been in her room she would know about it and attack with the silver baseball bat that Stiles had made sure every human he knew possessed; or would have landed a few swings with the lacrosse stick that her brother had gotten her so she could play in the backyard with him and his friends. Clarissa knew how to hit someone if she needed to, especially after her run in with Kali the year before; so why didn't she know that an enemy had crossed into her safe place. The thought of her room made her feel like she was covered in a grime that she could not wash off, it was her home and someone had threatened one of the only places that she could be herself.

Her eyebrows furrowed at the piercing sound that broke the silence around her. The fire alarm had a nasty habit of sounding when there was a supernatural element happening in the school, especially when they had a practice drill on the first day of school. Something was wrong and Clarissa could feel it in the deepest pits of her stomach. She watched the people gather their belongings from her seat but for the life of her, she felt glued to the cold seat that she sat on.

"Lis, we gotta go." Corey muttered lowly, as if not to scare the blonde next to him.

Clarissa nodded slowly but had a different agenda on her mind then going to stand docilely next to the busses. She had to find everyone to see what was happening; she needed to know the people she cared about were okay. "Cor, go outside. I need to find my brother."

"You can't just go wandering in the school." The teenage boy declared, he was thoroughly unamused at the thought of the senior running through the school during what could be an emergency. "You could get in serious trouble."

"I don't care. Get outside safely and I'll call you when I find Delcan, okay?" Clarissa told the boy sternly, she offered him a gentle grin before rushing away; ignoring his sigh of defeat. The auburn haired teenager pushed through the double doors into what looked like controlled chaos. The students scattering through the hallways were like ants moving around when their system got interrupted. Clarissa turned and started to bustle down the busy hallway, against the crowd. She didn't care who she bumped into in the process, she just needed to find her brother. She had an idea of where he could possibly be and turned towards the history wing; straight for Mr. Yukimura's classroom. She tried to blur out the other noises of the hallway but everything seemed so loud in her worried state. The blonde smiled in relief at the sight of Delcan standing with the young werewolf. She rushed over to them, past a brunette rushing in the opposite direction and yanked the two boys into a furious hug. "Thank God, I knew something had to be going on."

"Tracey was here." Delcan muttered lowly, attempting to push the affectionate girl off of him. "She ended up hurting Hayden."

"Why was she here?" Clarissa was furious at Kira's father for not noticing the strange girl that had plopped down in the middle of his classroom. She could have killed everyone in that room and no one would have known she was there. "Why the hell didn't anyone say anything?"

"No one knew." Liam stated, showing a text from Lydia that lit up his phone. The trio began to hastily walk through the hallway as student started milling around once again. "I've never seen blood that color before."

"What?" Clarissa inquired slowly, wondering about the mysterious substance. "What color was it?"

"Silver." Delcan muttered, almost on the same thought that was running through his sister's mind. The two siblings shared a concerned look with each other, the little drops of silver that had been left behind in her room could be linked to this; Tracey Stewart could have been in there but didn't kill her. "Almost like Mercury."