|51|

song for scene one: take me home by jess glynne
song for scene two: brother by kodaline
song for scene three: hey brother by avicii
song for scene four: the night we met by lord huron

It had been two weeks since Theo Raeken had gone into the ground and life was still moving on in Beacon Hills.

Clarissa Bane had noticed that the others had started to react differently to her presence after the first day, especially after the nightmares had started. It was different every night, sometimes she would be reliving the fear of watching him fall down that hole again and other times it would be watching as Tara ripped his heart from his chest over and over again. That one had kept her up for hours from how realistic it had been and she could almost feel his fear every time she had it.

Deep bags had formed underneath her eyes from the lack of sleep and the only time that the night terrors had subsided for part of the night was when someone was asleep in the room with her. She had even taken over the couch in the living room for most of the week to try and sleep alone and would wake up with Evelyn rocking her side to side as tears streamed down her face.

They had developed shifts to watch over her and Clarissa loved them for it because she didn't want to be alone. Her brothers had rotated most nights when she decided to stay at home and more often than not, she would end up sandwiched between the two teenagers with Brett curled up at the end of one of their beds after he had come over. He and Lori had started staying over more, the younger girl taking over the spare guest room that no one had claimed yet. She didn't know when it had happened, but she felt like their allegiance had changed to her after that first night back. She wasn't a traditional alpha in any way, but her pack was growing.

Other nights she would find herself at the Stilinski household, curled up in Stiles' bed as he poured over books to find a way to bring Theo back. It had taken a couple of days for the sheriff to get comfortable to her presence again in the house, especially after waking him up in the early hours of the mornings with a hoarse throat from screaming. He didn't bat an eyelash at her presence some mornings though when he would walk downstairs to her staring down blankly at the table with coffee in front of her. He would usually join her, sitting silently as he sipped on his coffee and patted her shoulder in a comforting way on his way out to work.

That morning though, Clarissa Bane found herself sitting at her own table and staring at the coffee in thought at five in the morning. She knew she should have stayed in bed but with everything that would happen later that day, she couldn't bring herself to try to pretend to sleep for her sibling's sanity.

She hadn't returned to school yet, but she knew what was happening in the town. She knew that Hayden had been bitten the night she was injured and fully transformed into a werewolf. She knew that Kira had left to go with the Skinwalkers, taking her only chance of getting Theo back safely with her.

She didn't look up at the sound of feet attempting to sneak down the stairs, the scent of lingering fire coming with the person that was attempting to leave before anyone heard him.

"If you're trying not to get caught leaving in the morning." Clarissa called emotionlessly to the older man, listening as his heart spiked at her voice. "You might not want to spend the night in a house full of people with supernatural hearing."

Clarissa watched with bleary eyes as Jordan Parrish peaked his head around the wall by the stairs to look at her. She hadn't said anything to him most days he chose to sneak out before dawn, but she usually wasn't sitting in the dining room when he attempted to sneak out like a ghost either.

"I didn't know anyone was up." He declared sheepishly as he finally walked around the wall, moving towards the coffee maker with enough ease to tell her he had done it before. He had refused to make eye contact with her yet and she wondered if that was because she could smell the guilt wafting off of him. "Or think that you guys would hear me."