|40|

Clarissa didn't know why she allowed Stiles to drag her to the police station, she really didn't, but she couldn't help the small smile that passed her lips as she looked at the man in front of her. The one that had showed her kindness in their time of need.

"Is the world ending?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned the two teenagers in front of him with a look of subtle amusement on his face. "Because I haven't seen you two in the same room since you were staying at our house. Also a note would have been nice to let me know where you were going instead of having Stiles tell me that you and your brother just left."

"Sorry about that." Clarissa commented lightly, shooting a knowing look towards Stiles as she realized that he hadn't told his father that he had kicked her out in the middle of the night. "The world isn't ending but a lot of people could die tonight."

"Did Lydia tell you that?" The sheriff whispered urgently, knowing that their strawberry blonde friend had the ability to tell when someone was about to die. "Or are you two just going off of a hunch? Again?"

"We figured out how the dread doctors are calling the beast to them." Stiles declared firmly, shooting an irritated glance towards the auburn haired chimera. "It's frequency, which the news stations will be using at the lacrosse game tonight, which is why you need to get the game cancelled."

"What Stiles is trying to say, is that a lot of people will die. Including my brothers and our friends if the lacrosse game isn't cancelled." Clarissa tapped her finger against her chin in thought before turning to look at Stiles. "I don't know about you sheriff but I actually like the fact that my brothers are still alive and breathing, including Stiles. So I would just call the school and tell them that the game is cancelled under your authority."

"Guys, I'm." The sheriff picked up his keys with a deep sigh, looking at the auburn haired girl with a look of sadness. "I'm not so sure I actually have that authority."

"You're the County Sheriff." Stiles declared in disbelief, dodging around the opening door and grabbing Clary's wrist to pull her with him. "You can't cancel a high school lacrosse game?"

"It's a charity game which generates tens of thousands of dollars." The man told the two teenagers as he moved out into the lobby of the station, ignoring the looks that the deputies sent them as they were moving around. "I'd have to go to the school board with evidence of a credible threat."

"A giant werewolf might rampage across the field killing people." Stiles whispered loudly and Clarissa frowned in thought as she was dragged behind him once again. "That's an incredible threat."

"It's shocking that the whole town doesn't know about the big secret with the way you and Scott insist on your constant whisper yelling." Clarissa drawled knowingly as she pulled her wrist out of the spastic boy's hand before addressing the sheriff. "Just tell everyone there's a bomb threat at the game and then no one will show up."

"I can't do that." The sheriff looked at the teenage girl in exasperation before continuing to walk away. "Look, we're going to have a presence at the game already. I'll double it, I'll triple it."

"Triple." Stiles looked affronted as his father walked away from him and Clarissa let a brief smile pass her lips at the familiarity of the family dynamic. "Dad, quadruple it. Octuple it."

"There's always a person who could forfeit the game." The sheriff declared lowly, eying the two teenagers in exasperation. "The Coach."

"Not when you're stuck with a substitute who's strictly by the book." Clarissa snorted at Stiles' words, knowing that Delcan hated the substitute lacrosse coach as much as the teenage boy next to her.