Chapter Five

Spencer's P.O.V

"Would you like a coffee spence?" Toby asks

"You weren't gone for that long, surely you should know I'm never one to turn down caffeine " I joke. It's true, I'm a sucker for a good coffee. I must get that from my mother.

"I know but I thought I'd ask anyway so I can hear you're voice as the answer. I like hearing your voice. Need to make up for the time that I was away when I didn't hear it. " he smiles. Which causes me to smile.

"Who'd have thought it ay? Toby Cavanaugh a little charmer. Truly defying expectations" I laugh

"I mean, people change right. I thought I'd try this charming and flirty mannerism out, am I doing okay?"

"You're doing swell!"

Toby has been back for 3 weeks now and things have honestly been so good for us. We accepted ourselves as an item again. We haven't said that we're a new relationship because we think we've been through too much together to label ourselves that way. Infact I don't think we're even bringing up any time scales, because time doesn't matter when I am with him. As far as I'm concerned, time freezes when I'm with Toby. Nothing matters because I am with him. Toby said he felt ready and had a clear head which was good as we both went through a hell of a lot and knew things would be damaging if we got together during that time where we weren't clear about what we wanted. I dont just love him...I need him. Not in some desperate "you complete me" sort of way. No, Toby didn't make me whole. He improved me. Something about him, something I have never  understood, has had a way of amplifying the good in my nature while muting the bad. I think it was because he saw the good in me, when I only saw the bad. He was a catalyst for my soul. I didn't need him in order to exist...I needed him in order to be a better me. He made me who I am today. He inspired me to find the best version of myself and I have, and I share it with him everyday.

A wise playwright William Shakespeare once said that "the course of true love never did run smooth". My god wasn't that the truth. I remember a time in my life where I checked into Radley sanitarium because I had a mental breakdown. I thought Toby was dead. I saw a tattoo and I thought he was dead, I knew I couldn't live without him. I knew that despite the fact we weren't together during this time, I couldn't live a life that would lead me to never see him. I'm so thankful that it was just A messing around and playing with my mind. As you can see, Toby is very much Alive. But then there are the good moments... when I was in the dollhouse, I know that Toby did everything in his power to find and save us. He undermined his position on the force many times. He never stopped looking. You see stories on missing people where you lose hope after the first week. They say someone is more likely to be gone if they don't show after the first week. But Toby never gave up. If it wasn't for him. We may have died down there. I remember finally getting out and seeing him. I felt broken, I felt violated, I felt destroyed. But being in the embrace of his arms, sharing his warmth, showed me that whatever I was about to face, would be bearable with him there. He has always managed to make my big problems seem a lot smaller.

"Here's your caffeinated beverage my ladyship" Toby laughs whilst bowing his head.

"My dearest Thankyou Sir Tobias" I reply in my best mimicked accent.

Okay I think this is a sign that we both need to stop watching downtown abbey. But it's so addictive. I always wondered whether that's what Melissa lived like when she spent all those years in London. But recent events have proved that London doesn't just contain the downtown abbey people. It contains long lost family members who have their heart set on ruining their twins life and trying to steal their identity

"So I'm off to see Aria and Ezra and meet the new baby, will you be okay here all day?" I ask

"I'll be fine, I have a few errands to run anyways, did we get Logan a present yet?" He replies