Chapter Seven

Mona's P.O.V

I love my dollies. I take good care of my dollies. My dollies are pretty and perfect. I plan to keep them that way. The only way my dollies can be safe is if I keep them here. I'm doing the right thing. Im not a bad girl, I'm a good girl. My doctor said so.

My name is Mona Vanderwall, I am 23 years old. I was admitted to Radley sanitarium for being A. I was sent to Welby for killing Charlotte Dilaurentis. I was doing the right thing. Charlotte was going to hurt the girls again. I couldn't let that happen. I hurt the girls one to many times. But it's okay. Nobody else is going to hurt them. I wanted to help the girls finish the game and find A.D. I did that. A.D was Spencer's long lost twin Alex Drake who was British. She hurt the girls a lot. She took Spencer and Ezra and locked them up. The girls thought I called the police. The girls think Alex is locked away in some maximum security prison. But they're wrong. The police would only let Alex slip through the cracks of the system. So I've got Alex and her mom in my own little doll house. I'm going to make sure she never lays a single finger on the girls again.

When I was at Radley. It drove me mad. When madness has worn you down, It's easier to do what it says than argue. That's how it felt when I thought Charlotte was Ali. In some persuasive and manipulating way, it takes over your mind. You no longer know where it ends and you begin. It's hard to put any pieces together; so you begin to believe anything it says. You do what it tells you, no matter how extreme or absurd. If it says you're worthless, you agree. If it tells you you're crazy you agree. You plead for it to stop. You promise to behave. You are on your knees before it, and it laughs. Not some hearty laugh you hear on the playground. A laugh so evil it sends shivers down your spine, and makes your ears bleed. The voices in my head were quiet during Charlotte's therapy and admission into welby. For 5 whole years, they were silent. When she was released they got louder, and more daunting. It was like a game. I tried to push the voices away, but all I did was push Charlotte to her death. I thought the voices would stop. But they didn't. They kept growing louder and louder until they peaked, and I broke. I kept Charlotte's death a secret for some time. Because it wasn't a bad thing I did. She deserved to die. But I saw Hanna get kidnapped and hurt because they were trying to find the real killer. I saw Alison get tortured in Welby by Elliot Rollins, because he thought Alison killed her sister, well technically cousin. Alison had her faults, but she didn't belong in Welby, and she didn't deserve what happened to her.

I was loser mona for sometime. But when I became A I wasn't a loser anymore. I was a mastermind capable of so much more. I had self worth, I wasn't just that girl that people ignored. I wasn't just that girl who people walked over. I've always accepted the girls, but The girls never accepted me. Who could blame them, I spent a chunk of their teenage years ruining their life. But I'm better now. I promise you that. I'm not the girl I used to be.

"You thought you could take the game from me; you thought you could win. But you can't take the game from its original creator, I win. I always win" I say, peering at the glass separating myself from Alex and Mary drake.

"You're right mona, you win. You can have the game it's all yours." Alex replies

"Oh you silly girl, it was always mine from the beginning. you could never take it from me." I laugh

"How long are you going to keep us here, you're sick in the head" Alex scowls

"I'm not sick...I'm protecting the girls, you hurt them. You kept hanna in a bunker. You forced Aria against her friends. You artificially inseminated Alison against her own will. You can keep calling me sick. But you're the only sick one here Alex."