6. Disappeared

I felt my face heat up so much that it felt like a volcano erupted under my skin.

Did I just moan?!?

What the hell is wrong with me?

I can only imagine what Tyler is thinking!

He probably assumes that I'm some hussy that would get down on all fours at the mere sight of a man.

Just the thought of him thinking such awful things makes me want to curl up into a ball and hide for the rest of my life.

I look in any direction I can but at him.

"I have no idea why I did that, I'm so sorry, I'm not some pervert, I promise!" I whisper as I try my hardest to hold back my tears from how embarrassed I am.

"Aubree, don't worry about it. I don't believe that you're like that." He says genuinely.

"It was honestly pretty cute." As a wink fell from his thick lashes.

"Here, let's take the picture and forget all about it."

The the shutter on the camera snapped and the moment was caught in time.

'I cannot wait to show this to Sadie' I thought to myself.

"So I know that you like to read, but what other interests do you have?" He asks trying to move away from the incredibly embarrassing situation for me.

At least he's trying to make me feel comfortable after I made a complete and utter fool of myself.

"Well," I shyly say, "since my family and I just moved here I don't do a lot I'm just waiting for school to start up so I can get on with my last year."

"Hmm... so that make you 17 years old?" He says calmly.

"No I'm already 18 I'm the oldest in my year." I said confidently trying to move on from my previous incident.

"Are you still in school?" I ask him.

"No," he says with a chuckle. "I graduated a while ago."

My heart sank a little I was really hoping to know somebody when I started at my new school.

Only a couple more days until I would be thrust into a foreign environment without knowing a single soul.

I was snapped out of my thoughts of dreading school when I felt Tyler tense up.

I looked up to see that his mouth had formed into a tight line.

He quickly stood up and grabbed for my hand.

The tingling feeling was intense but I could tell Tyler was concerned about something which helped distract me from being overwhelmed by the sensation.

"We should leave." He said sternly "Would you mind if I walked you home?"

I could tell that something had him very worried.

"I guess that would be fine, but is something wrong? Did I do something to upset you?" I asked sheepishly.

Tyler's eyes snapped to mine. 

"No, absolutely not. It's just not safe here and we need to move away from here immediately." He said with a sweet but serious look in his eyes.

My heart rate picked up.

'Not safe? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are we going to get mauled by a bear or something?' I screamed in my head.

"Relax, you'll be safe as long as your with me" he said as he pulled me alongside him as he took the lead back towards my house.

When we got about halfway back to my house I started to wonder how the hell he knew which way my house was, but I brushed the thought away because I could still see how tense Tyler was.

I was too afraid to ask what was in the woods for fear of what the answer might be.

It took another ten minutes or so before we reached my back yard.

Once we did Tyler grabbed me gently my the shoulder and looked deep into my eyes and said "Please, just go into the house and stay inside. Don't let your family out and don't let anyone inside. I know you confused but please just trust me."

Panic started to overtake me. What the hell is going on.

Was there someone out in the woods with us?

I think Tyler could sense my panic because he pulled me into his arms.

"Don't worry I'll keep you safe" he said against the top of my head.

The feeling of his arms wrapped around me instantly started to let calm wash over me.

I don't think I've ever felt so safe in my whole life.

Every cell in my body tingled from his embrace.

Tyler pulled himself away from me ushered me to my back door.

Once the door was in arms length I turned to ask him what was going to happen only to see that he was gone.