24. Family Heritage

"So what's this big secret you've been keeping from me?" Nate asked as he followed in my tracks.

"Let me first ask you what you know about moms side of the family." I asked as I turned on my heel to face him.

"I don't know, nothing special. Grandma and grandpa grew up in Oklahoma and moved to Illinois before they had Mom. I know grandpa worked in a lumber yard while grandma took care of the kids." He said as he looked at me with a confused expression.

"And before that?" I quickly asked

"Heck if I know." Nathan said with a tone of exasperation. "What does this have to do with your secret?"

"Oddly enough it is exactly what my secret is about. I found out something about our family that I'm pretty sure they don't even know." I said as I stared him dead in the eyes.

"It can't be that bad." He said as he shook his head and chuckled at me.

I sighed out as I thought carefully about what I would say next.

How do I get my point across without making him think I'm insane?

I cleared my throat as I looked off into the dense woods around us and readied myself.

"What if I told you our family are descendants of wolves?" I said meekly as I put my nose to the air in search of Tyler's scent.

"I'd say thats cool, but what exactly is your point?"

"We're wolves Nate." I said in a whisper as I looked down at my shoes. "In fact half the kids at this school are wolves. That's why those guys got in your face this morning."

I snapped my head up so I could look at his face to gauge his reaction.

I could tell from the stupid smirk on his face that he thought I was joking with him.

Which irked me like nothing else could.

"I'm not kidding." I said venomously at him. "Why would I joke about something this ridiculous and unbelievable. I understand that you probably think I'm a lunatic but I can prove it if that's what you think is necessary."

"Alright then, prove it, crazy pants." He said with a smug look on his face.

I growled loudly at him.

Accalia was growing impatient with her brother as much as I was.

I felt as though he was talking down to me and my wolf, and we didn't appreciate it.

I looked down at the ground as I tried to figure out how I could prove it to him.

'Give me control, girl, I will put this pup in his place.'  Accalia said with a wolfy chuckle.

I shrugged my shoulders and let myself fall back since I didn't have any better ideas.

I could only hope though that she wouldn't do anything stupid that would scare him off.

I could feel myself moving towards the back of my mind and Accalia gracefully stepping to the front line.

Accalia lifted our head and stared at my brother.

I watched him flinch and waves of power rolled off of us.

"What the hell Bree. What happened to your eyes?" He said as he took a step towards us.

Accalia growled lowly towards him as she tried to put him in his place.

"Listen here, boy," She said with our voice which was noticeably gruffer then my regular voice. "Do you still have issues believing in your destiny?"

Suddenly we darted into the tree line with inhuman speed.

We could hear Nate gasp as we moved with our inhuman speed.

We slowly circled him from outside his range of sight and spoke in a powerful voice. "Do you fear the power that you hold within you, pup?"

I could even feel myself shiver at Accalia words.

She spoke with so much divinity and pride that in that moment I knew that she could be a force to be reckoned with.

My heart swelled at the idea of having someone that was so powerful within me, someone that I knew would help me become a stronger individual.

I could hear Nate whispering lowly to himself, and his response was the best possible things that he could have said. "This is so fucking cool."

I chuckled at my brothers response and let out a huge sigh of relief.

I pushed back forward in my mind as Accalia let me take back control.

"Thanks." I said aloud to Accalia as I jogged back towards Nathan.

"Do you believe me now?" I asked as slowed down from my jog to stand next to him.

"Ya, but more importantly, how do I do that?"

————————————————————————
Don't forget to vote!