22. Control

As I started towards class I noticed that Tyler wasn't waiting for me by my locker.

I gathered up my books figuring that he must have headed to our next class without me.

When I reached the room I could smell wolf pouring out of it.

I glanced into the room as my eyes landed on the petite woman sitting behind the old wooden desk.

I could tell before I even got a good look at her that she was also a wolf.

I slowly walked into the nearly empty classroom and sat in one of the desks.

Tyler hadn't shown up yet so I chose a spot with a few opens desks around it so he could sit by me.

There was still a few minutes before class was supposed to start so I pulled out a notebook and began to doodle.

I could feel a familiar set of eyes on me so I looked up.

Tyler was standing at the door of the classroom staring at me intently.

I gave a quick smile and he slowly approached me with a look of hesitation on his face.

I cocked my head to the side and gave a light smile, but suddenly I could feel my heart start to race.

An overwhelming scent filled my nose, Tyler's scent.

I knew that my eyes had changed as I took in his scent.

When I had smelled him before it had smelled like a nice light cologne but this time it invaded my senses like a drug.

I could feel Accalia going crazy in my mind trying to get free and go to her mate but I held her back.

I softly moaned as Tyler stood next to me.

In that moment I wanted to jump out of my seat and run my fingers through his hair.

I slowly looked up at him and when my eyes met his I swear I could have come undone right then and there.

"Don't tempt me little one." Tyler's beast said.

I cleared my throat and looked back down at my notebook.

This period is going to be next to impossible with Tyler here, but I knew that I had to control myself.

The bell rang a minute later and class began.

The entire class period I could feel Accalia clawing at the back of my mind trying to get free.

I could feel her growling at me for keeping her from her mate.

"Ms. Kendrick can I see you in the hallway please." The teacher called from the front of the room.

"Sure." I said quietly as I lowered my eyes to the floor trying to hide my embarrassment.

I stood up and quickly followed her out of the classroom.

Once we left she tightly close the door behind her.

"Ms. Kendrick, I have heard that you are new to this world but you need to do a better job at controlling yourself. I can see your eyes flashing from the front of the room, now you need to control yourself." She said harshly.

"I'm sorry," I stammered out. "But his scent is making my wolf crazy."

A small smile tugged at the corner of her mouth.

"Ah, so you've found your mate?" She asked me more gently.

I sighed as I shuffled my feet in the spot where I stood.

"I already knew he was my mate but when my wolfs sense of smell hit me at lunch I didn't even think about the fact that I would be able to smell him better too."

The teacher lightly chuckled.

"I remember the first time I smelled my mate. I couldn't control my self and immediately shifted and ran to him." She said as she let a wistful look cover her face.

"Well under these circumstances I'll let you be excused from class, but I'll need you to get your wolf under control. We can't have any humans asking questions that they shouldn't be."

"Thank you ma'am. I'll get her under control."

The teacher turned and opened the door.

"Tyler could you please walk Aubree to the nurses office." She said as she walked back into the classroom.

I waited outside the classroom for Tyler.

When he walked through the doorway I felt Accalia claw at my mind again.

Holding her back was becoming so difficult.

Tyler gently closed the door behind him and took a step towards me.

"Let's go run. It will calm you down." He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the front of the school.

————————————————————————

Don't forget to vote and leave me a comment!