11. Accalia

"Stuck with who?" I said out loud.

A look of concern flashed across Tyler's face.

"It was more then likely your wolf." He said in a gentle voice.

A pain flared over the bite on my shoulder.

Although the pain from the bite was slowly dissipating the pain in my head only grew as the day went on.

Tyler stuck his hand out and gently grabbed my arm to comfort me.

I think he could tell that I was on the verge of breaking.

I sucked in a breath to help calm myself down.

It's not fair.

All that I wanted was to live a normal life but again it looks like all of my plans are getting shifted to the back burner.

"Why me?" I asked Tyler with a whimper.

"None of my family are wolves. I mean we lived in the city. That doesn't really seem to be an ideal place for a wolf to live."

I knew that there was no way my family would have been able to hide a secret as big as this from me.

"Aubree, this may be hard to hear but if that's true and they don't know anything about this then you will have a tough choice ahead of you."

"What choice?" I asked Tyler.

He stayed silent looking as though he was afraid to say it.

"He's saying that you might need to leave your family. Nuntis wouldn't tell me the details but he said it would be for their safety and ours."

I let what the female voice told me sink in.

Why would it be safer if I was gone?

I'm not a danger to myself or them.

"Who is Nuntis?" I said out loud.

Tyler cleared his throat.

"Nuntis is my wolf. They can speak to each other since we're in close proximity to each other. Similar to the way a pack of weres or a mated couple can communicate in their heads. But our wolves can do it naturally since we're mates."

"Does that mean you can get into my head?" I asked while becoming uncomfortable with the ideas of anyone knowing my personal thoughts.

"No, you would have to allow me into a mind link with you." He said matter-of-factly.

I sighed in relief, happy that my thoughts were safe from the outside world.

"Well except from me since we're almost one in the same." My wolf said with a chuckle.

"What's your name?" I asked unsure of wether or not I really wanted to know.

"Accalia, and you don't have to talk out loud and announce our conversations to the world, girl."

So my thoughts aren't only for myself anymore I suppose.

"As I said you are stuck with me."

I took a second to go over everything in my mind.

Why wouldn't it be safe to be with my family.