15. Fact or Fiction!

My stomach growled in anticipation for the pizza that was baking in the oven.

I don't know if I have ever felt this hungry in my whole life.

"Witches?" I asked as we continued to talk about what creatures are real and which are fake.

"Real, and very full of themselves." Tyler responded.

"Mermaids?"

"Real."

"Fairies?"

"Fake."

"Demons and angles?"

He chuckled at my cluelessness. "Fake."

"What about shapeshifter or ghosts?" I said with my chin in my hand.

"Shapeshifter are real and and ghosts are also but very rare."

"Hmm." I sighed out. "So what about all of those people who say they communicate with spirits?"

"The real ones normally have some form of witch blood in them which allows them to pick up on traces or magic but ever once in a while it is actually a spirit." He said as he pulled the pizza out of the oven.

"Mmm." I moaned out as the smell of the pizza wafted up to my nose.

"Why do supernaturals keep themselves hidden from humans?" I said as I grabbed a piece of pizza from the pan.

"A long time ago we tried to integrate ourselves into human society but it epically failed. Humans hunted us down in fear of our abilities, so now most stay in the shadows."

"That stinks." I sighed out as I took a bite of the steaming hot pizza.

"You mentioned something earlier about packs. Why aren't you part of one?" I asked innocently.

Tyler stopped mid bite and look at me deep in my eyes. "Hybrids are an anomaly. We're not supposed to be able to exist. There is no way any normal pack would allow me into its ranks. Especially since I would be considerably more powerful then their alpha. Which is a big thing since alphas are suppose to be the strongest in the pack." He said with an underlining tone of sadness in his voice.

I couldn't think of any words to say to Tyler. He must have had a very lonely life if he wasn't welcome in either the supernatural world or the human one.

"Were you lonely?" I asked Tyler but feared the response that he was going to give.

"I was for a long time, but I made some friends in my years. People who are all willing to overlook the life that I was born into and actually see the person beneath." He said as a sad smile came across his face.

I looked back down at my pizza as my heart clenched for my mate.

That long on your own would probably be difficult.

"Speaking of which my friend Mason was planning on visiting in about a week. Would you per chance be interested in meeting him?"

I could see the enthusiasm on Tyler's face and I got the feeling that it was important that I met his friend, so I nodded to him and plastered on my best million dollar smile.