Ephemeral

Scotts pov
"Boy, good thing you drew me a picture." The tattoo artist said sarcastically looking down at the two lines I want tattooed on my bicep.

"I don't know, man, you sure about this? These things are pretty permanent, you know?" Stiles asked.

"I'm not changing my mind."

"Okay. But why two bands?"

"I just like it."

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning you know or something?"

"Getting a tattoo means something."

"He's right. Tattooing goes back thousands of years.  The Tahitian word tatau means leave a mark. Like a rite of passage." The tattoo artist said to stiles.

"Yeah, ya see? He gets it." I proposed.

"He's covered in tattoos, Scott.  Literally."

"Kay, you ready?  You, uhm, ain't got any problems with needles do ya?" The tattoo artist asked me.

"Nope."

"I tend to get a little squeamish though so..." stiles says watching as I get my tattoo before Stiles faints like a precious flower.

Stiles pov
"You okay?" I asked Scott as we entered the Jeep

"Kinda burns." He replied

"Yes. You just had your skin stabbed about a hundred thousand times by a- a needle."

"Yeah, but I don't think it's supposed to feel like this. Oh god no! It's definitely not supposed to feel like this. I gotta take it off." Scott said remove the bandage much to my protest.

"Oh no. What? No no come on... It healed." Scott said looking at my bicep

"Ah... Thank god. I hated it... Sorry."

Allison's pov
"Lydia, stop.  We need to go back.  I need to talk to him." I said after Lydia ran a red light trying to get away from stiles and Scott in the jeep. Lydia stops the car

"They stopped too." Lydia exclaimed looking in the rear view mirror.

"Why would they stop?"I asked

"It's Stiles and Scott. Do you really wanna try applying logic to those two?" Lydia said before a deer went running into the front of her car.

Scotts pov
"Are you okay?" I asked rushing to Allison as she and Lydia got out of the car screaming.

"It came out of nowhere! It ran right into us." Lydia explained

"I'm okay." Alison told me.

"Well I'm not okay! I am totally freaking out! How the hell did that thing just run into us? I saw it's eyes right before it hit us.  It was like it was... it was like it was crazy." Lydia freaked.

"No it was scared. Actually. Terrified." I said after touching it.

Maisy's pov.
Scott walks into his room going over to his computer as it beeps.

"Ephemeral. Lasting for a short time. Transient. Momentary." Scotts reads out loud before looking down at his arm
"Ephemeral" he repeats.

"What are you going on about?" I ask from his bed causing him to scream and turn around. I bursted out laughing at his high pitched scream and turned the light on.

"Maisy" Scott yelled getting up form his desk chair to hug me.

"You scared the shit out of me" Scott said as he pulls away from the hug.

"Serves you right, why were you not at the airport to pick me up?" I asked punching his shoulder.

"That was tonight?" Scott asked scratching the back of his head.

"Yes. It's fine you can make it up to me by making sure I'm not alone on my first day of school."

"Right. Don't worry I won't leave you alone, you'll be my favourite freshman"

"I better be. See you tomorrow I've gotta get me some beauty sleep"

"Goodnight Mai, it's good to have you home"

"Good to be home big brother." I smiled. leaving his room.