Distracting and Defending

Aidens pov
"This whole thing with Danny, it needs to stop." I said to Ethan
"He's harmless. And Maisy's the one we're supposed to worry about." Ethan said
"Then why are you still talking to Danny?"
"What difference does it make?"
"What do you think we're doing here? You know we're not actual high school students, right? We're here to eliminate a threat, not hold hands and pass notes in class."
"And now, we know he's harmless. Threat eliminated."
"You're starting to like him."
"So what?"
"So if Deucalion asks you, would you kill him?"
"If Deucalion asks you, would you kill Maisy?"
"Stop talking to Danny... Or I'm gonna rip the flesh off his face... and eat it." I said knowing that there is no way I'd be able to hurt Maisy.
"Who's face are you going to eat?" Maisy asked showing up from behind me and linking her fingers with mine.
"Don't worry about it babe" I said.
"I'll take that as a no" Ethan said walking away from us causing me to sigh.
"Did I do something?" Maisy asked worried she was the reason Ethan was angry.
"No it wasn't you"
"Want to talk about it?" Maisy asked letting go of my hand to wrap her arms around my neck.
"Not really" I said.
"Want to do something else?" Maisy said suggestively
"I thought you were mad at me or something. You didn't come back last night" I said.
"I made up with Scott and hopefully I'll be able to do the same with mum tonight. I was so mean to them and I just left them without a second thought, I'm a horrible person"
"No your not, I've seen horrible you're not it. Trust me, you're perfect" I said to her.
"You know I hear coaches office is a good place to talk." Maisy said.
"Oh, really? Because I heard it was good for something else"
"Well why don't we go there and find out?" Maisy asked separating from me and heading towards coaches office, as I followed behind her.

Ethan's pov
"Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one? "
"Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me? You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of Mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking-" Stiles said before Scott interrupted him
whoa, Stiles, okay. We get it. We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again. "Scott said
"You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas. "
"What were you? "
"Omegas. In actual wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."
"So you and your brother were, like, the bitches of the pack?" Stiles said
"Something like that."
"What happened? Scott asked
"They were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us the reputation. And our Alpha was the worst of them."
"Why didn't you guys just fight back? Form voltron wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?" Stiles asked
"We couldn't, we didn't know how to control it back then."
"Deucalion taught you." Scott said in realisation
"And then, we fought. We took down the whole pack, one-by-one. And by the time we got to our Alpha, he was begging for his life. And we tore him apart. Literally."
"What about your emissary? They're all dead? Kali and Ennis' too? "
"All of them except for Deucalion's."
"You mean Morrell? ". Stiles asked as Ethan groaned in pain
"What? What's wrong? Are you hurt? " Scott asked
"Not me. My brother. "
*
We walked into the gym to see Maisy beating the shit out of Cora while Aiden watched with a smug look on his face. I immediately grabbed Maisy.
"You can't do this!" I said to her.
"She came at us, she hurt Aiden" Maisy said growling and trashing around in my arms.
"It doesn't matter! Kali gave Derek until the next full moon. You can't touch him or her." I said
"Hey, guys, I think she's pretty hurt." Stiles said as Maisy continued to trash in my arms trying to end Cora. I've heard story's about mates and can imagine that Maisy's only seeing red right now because someone had hurt hers.
"Mai calm down please" Scott said stepping in between Cora and Maisy. It didn't help...at all.
"Aiden" I growled as he stood there staring at her in amazement as she tried to defend him.
"What?" He said his eyes never leaving her.
"Calm her down" I said, Aiden just continued to look at her in pure awe.
"Aiden, now" I said struggling to hold Maisy as she thrashed around
"Maisy" he said causing her head to Instantly snap to him
"It's okay" Aiden said causing her red eyes to go back to brown. As soon as her eyes went back to their natural colour it looked as if she had just realised what she had done.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" she said looking at everyone around her as I let her go.
"It's okay Maisy, you were defending your mate" I said. She nods and goes over to Aiden burying her face in his chest and hugging him tight.