The wailing woman

Stiles pov
"You okay?" I asked Cora once Maisy, Aiden and Ethan left.
"She doesn't look okay." Lydia said.
"I'll heal. I'm fine." Cora said.
"Do you realize how suicidally crazy that was? What were you thinking going after them?" I asked.
"I did it for Boyd. None of you were doing anything."
"We're trying." Scott said.
"And you're failing. You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed. But all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies." Cora said leaving the room.
"She's definitely a Hale. I'll make sure she gets home." I said

Scotts pov
"Sorry, but I don't remember having any more appointments." Ms Morrell said.
"You sure? 'Cause I could use a little guidance right now." I said
"Why are you bothering with me, Scott, when you know the clock is ticking? When you know someone else is about to be taken?"
"By you." I said
"Come on, Scott. Shouldn't you leave the interrogations to someone like Stilinski?"
"Are you the one killing people?"
"Are you listening to my heartbeat? No. I'm not the one killing people. Truth is, I'm all that stands between Deucalion and the lives of your friends. I've been the one pulling the leash taut when they're salivating for a bite."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"He wants a true Alpha in his pack. He thinks it's you. And a little distraction like a few human sacrifices isn't gonna dissuade him from the prize."
"I'm not an Alpha."
"But you're well on your way, aren't you?"
"Then what is he waiting for? What does he want me to do?"
"He wants to make a killer out of you. That's what he does."
"But if I kill someone, I can't be a true Alpha, right?"
"Exactly. You want the psychologist's perspective? He's an obsessive who both desires you and is threatened by you. If the obsessive can't have the object of his desire he'll choose to destroy it instead. You'll either willingly become part of his pack or he'll make a killer out of you, destroying your potential to be a true Alpha."
"Neither of those is ever going to happen." I said
"Don't be so sure. You're playing his game. And while you're trying to figure out what to do next, he's thinking ten moves ahead, with checkmate already in sight. "

Alison's pov
"Stay behind me and stay quiet." I said to Isaac
"Oh, this is so not gonna end well. FYI, if your dad tries to kill me, I'm gonna defend myself." Isaac said
"If my dad tries to kill you, you'll be dead."
"Thanks for the vote of confidence. Whoa. I smell blood."
"Where? What direction?"
"I don't know. I'm not that good at this yet. But I think it's... Allison. Allison, wait. Allison, don't!" Isaac said as I went to walk over to a chained up.
"Get down!" Chris yelled shooting at the darach.
That's Mr. Westover." I said looking at the man the darach just killed.
"It's our history teacher." Isaac said.
"We were wrong. It's not guardians as in law enforcement."

Scotts pov
"It's philosophers as in teachers. Allison and her father just found Mr. Westover." I said to Stiles
"That makes sense. Tara, she wasn't always a cop. She used to teach middle school." He responded
"Then the last one's gonna be another teacher."
"Yeah, but there's dozens of them, Scott, and they're all headed home."
"No. No, they're not. They're all going to the recital." I said

Melissas pov
"The records would be over ten years old. I just need to look over a couple files." Sheriff stilinski said to me.
"If this is about the murders, you would need a court order for that. Or someone like me that's willing to bend the rules for a handsome face. Give me the details. I'll see what I can do." I said whispering the last part.
"Thank you" the sheriff said giving me the details
"There was a patient just like you described. Slash marks all over the body. Doctors thought it had to be an animal. Oh. But there's something else. Something happened at the same time that was even stranger." I said

Ethan's pov
"What's up?" I asked noticing the distress on Aidens face.
"Nothing. I just think I lost my phone." He said.
"Don't worry, I'm sure Maisy's around here somewhere" I said knowing that messaging her would be the only reason he'd use his phone
"Yeah I'm sure you're right"

Melissa pov
"Birds?"
"Hundreds of them. While the patient was in the O.R. struggling to hold on, hundreds of birds were flying into the walls, windows, like they were committing some kind of mass suicide." I said
"Or like they were sacrificing themselves."
"For what?"
"Not what. Who. Jennifer: You recognize it, don't you?"

Maisy's pov
"Scott have you seen miss Blake?" I asked stopping him and stiles from entering the room where the recital was being held.
"No. Why? Do you think she's going to be taken?" Scott asked me.
"Actually I think she's the one doing the taking" I said causing Scott and stiles to look at each other before running towards miss blakes classroom, me following them.

Lydias pov
"What are you doing?" I asked miss Blake as she walked in circles around me, having tied me to a chair.
"What's necessary. I'm still surprised none of you seem to get that. You call them sacrifices, but you're not understanding the word. It's derived from the Latin sacrificium, an offering to a deity, a sacred rite. A necessary evil. You don't know the alphas like I do. I'm a little sad that sweet little Maisy got dragged into their pack. But you, Lydia, you're not a sacrifice. You're just a girl who knows too much. Actually, a girl who knew too much." She said tightening the wire around my neck.
"don't!" I screamed.
"Unbelievable. You have no idea what you are, do you? The wailing woman. A banshee, right before my eyes. You're just like me, Lydia. Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under it. It's too bad, though... And too late. One last philosopher. " Jennifer  said.
"Drop it! There was a girl. Years ago, we found her in the woods, her face and body slashed apart. That was you, wasn't it?" Sheriff stilinski said holding his gun up to face Jennifer.
"Maybe I should've started with philosophers, with knowledge and strategy. Healers... Warriors... Guardians... Virgins."  Jennifer said kissing him after she said virgins and disappearing just as Scott, Stiles and Maisy broke through the door.
"Dad?" Stiles asked looking around.