Fire Messages

Recap:
Just as one of them was about to answer Jace woke up from his dream.
The weird thing was that he remembered the whole dream.
Once he found Clarissa, he told her about his dream which piqued her interest.
Just as he finished explaining the whole thing, she finally answered.
"Let me guess, you want us to do that in real life?" She looked at Jace who had the face of an excited puppy.
"Fine, I guess we could do it tomorrow." She relented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Next Day-

After having Jace explain his dream precisely multiple times, they got dressed and left for the institute.
They did everything exactly the same as in his dream when his dream ended, they were still there they made it look like Sebastian had found them and was teleporting them away.
They managed a weak "save us" before shimmering away.

In the little time Jace and Clarissa spent with the New York Institute, they had managed to gain their trust, which was really stupid of them.
It worked in the Morgenstern's favor.
Occasionally, a fire message would appear telling them where the attacks would take place and how many people they need for each one.
It's amazing how the Clave blindly trust the mysterious fire messages.

In these messages, they would always say more people than needed or less.
Sometimes they said the exact correct amount of warriors needed, to make sure they kept blindly believing.
The messages weren't sent in secret life-threatening situations, but in plain sight in their war meetings with Sebastian.

A couple messages were secretly sent to certain people when Jace or Clarissa wanted to tell them "important information" in person.
They would end up dead, missing or in the endarkened army.
The people who didn't come back from the "meetings" were people loyal enough to the Clave that they would die for the cause without hesitation (why they didn't tell the Clave of their departure was because they wanted to feel useful in the next meeting), others who went missing were secretly amazing fighters or were a nobody that had never been noticed.

After a while, the absences of the people began to be noticed.
The was missing approximately one-third of their members gone.
When the reality of the situation sunk in, there was chaos everywhere, there were people frozen in fear of being next, people who ran around screaming like they would die if they stopped screaming and there were others who were talking to each other in small groups.
Soon the Consul had, had enough and yelled for order.
"Thank you, as you all know many of our members are missing..."
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
As promised, another update! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever! I found out that summer break gave me more time to not update. 😬 This chapter is not edited, so if there are any mistakes please tell me. Don't forget to comment and vote! Thank you so much to all my ghost reader(s) that comment on the last chapter, I wasn't planning on updating so soon, but the fact that someone asked motivated me!
AmaziclePerson1🤗