War on the Consul

Recap:
After a while, the absences of the people began to be noticed.
The was missing approximately one-third of their members gone.
When the reality of the situation sunk in, there was chaos everywhere, there were people frozen in fear of being next, people who ran around screaming like they would die if they stopped screaming and there were others who were talking to each other in small groups.
Soon the Consul had, had enough and yelled for order.
"Thank you, as you all know many of our members are missing..."
—————-—————-—————-—————-—————-—————-—————-—————-—————

"As you all know, some of our most dedicated members have disappeared recently, and we need to figure out how to replenish our numbers-shush!-we will discuss our options about that after. We can't always rely on the fire messages that Clarissa and Jace send us before raids, which have become more infrequent as time goes by and we can't afford to keep losing members this rapidly during the raids because of our decreasing numbers. Which brings me to my next point, Sebastian has created a new weapon that iratzes can't heal." the Consul stated calmly.

"What does that weapon do exactly? And why can't we heal ourselves after being hit with it?" someone from the crowd asked.

General agreement arose from the crowds of people demanding explanations from the Consul. 

"We don't have much information on the weapon yet, but the Iron sisters have examined a shard of the metal that is being used in it. We found the shard lodged in a fallen shadowhunter's arm and they have determined that it is demon metal. So far all we know is that it is naturally resistant to angelic power, so when fighting an endarkened wielding a demonic metal blade, do not use seraph blades because they do nothing against them. Their blades have been known to slice through seraph blades like butter, so during the next battle I would like to see if we can get our hands on a sword of theirs for closer inspection." the clave started to rustle around uneasily at the revelation of this new information.

"Now we have a few options on how to proceed with the problem of decreasing shadowhunter numbers... we can use the mortal cup and create more shadowhunters," a couple of murmurs were heard, 

"have everyone retreat to Idris" a few hushed agreements, 

"or we can send out search parties to figure out the Morgensterns headquarters." the Consul continued.

After a couple of minutes of reflective silence, the different groups of shadowhunters started shouting their opinions loudly, trying to be heard over the crowd. The Cohort wanted to get the Downworlders to be sent out in search parties, as to not risk any more shadowhunter lives. Valentine's followers wanted similar things as the Cohort, but also to use the mortal cup on as many mundanes as possible, even if they ended up turning into forsaken 'they would still be useful against the endarked'. And then the more traditional shadowhunters said that they wanted everyone to retreat to Idris because 'enough Shadowhunter blood has been spilt, we must put an end to this!'

"SILENCE!" the consul shouted, trying to calm down the masses, "Now one person at a time please tell me your ideas and why its the best idea."

"I believe that we must send out Downworlders to search for the Morgenstern's headquarters, their lives are expendable, unlike us shadowhunters," Zara stated proudly, looking at her father for approval, "we must spare no more shadowhunter lives on petty search parties for members who might as well be endarkened by now. I suggest that-"

Outrage from the newly elected Downworlder representatives overpowered any statement that Zara could have made. Even though Jia continuously attempted to calm everyone down, her attempts were in vain as no one wanted to cooperate. 

After a very loud and long debate between the Cohort and the Downworlders about the plan, was she able to gain back control, "I believe that we must reconvene tomorrow at sun up to continue this conversation when everyone is more rested and-"

"Are you just scared that your precious Faerie daughter-in-law might be affected by this? Maybe it's time for a more unbiased Consul, hmmm? I say we hold a vote! We should elect a new Consul tomorrow morning so that we can make some real decisions around here. Am I right?" Horus Dearborn yelled into the crowd, to be met with a mixed response from the rest of the council. 

"That is fair enough, tomorrow morning we shall have an election for Consul, now could anyone interested in being a candidate stand up please," Jia stated.

As she looked out unto the council the only thought on her mind was 'by the angel, may he save us all'.