Getting Together Part 2: A Rock Solid Foundation

As it turns out, the two recently-acquainted teens didn't walk out the village. They neglected the fact that during their little fight, they caused a bit of damage to the surrounding houses. Naturally, this made the owners of said houses a little upset and they went to teach the teens a lesson.

So when Kai looked over his shoulder and noticed the mob of people behind him and warned his companion of said mob, said companion grabbed Kai's hand and told him to "hang on!" before he ran forward in a burst of super speed.

Kai, unused to going at such extreme speeds and not wanting to accidentally get left behind, gripped onto Jay's arm, and prayed that they would stop soon.

Yeah, it was a bit of a rocky start.

~~~~~~

An hour later, Kai was kneeling on the ground with Jay hovering over him. "Jay....we are never doing that again." Kai gasped in between breaths.

"I'm sorry..." Jay whimpered. "I didn't think that you would feel so sick after that! I've never actually had someone tag along with me when I'm running that fast!"
"I can see why," Kai commented drily, finally standing up. "How do you not throw up everytime you do that?"

Jay shrugged. "I dunno. Logic, maybe?" he joked.

Kai rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever," he mumbled, taking in the village around them. "Where are we?"

"Hmmm, lemme check," Jay said, pulling out his cell phone. After a few seconds, he groaned in frustration and put it away. "No signal. I can't pull up my map app."

"Fantastic," Kai groaned. "Well, I guess we can look around and see if this place has a store that sells maps."

Jay nodded his head, then got a sheepish look on his face. "Um, you mind if we stop and get a snack first?" At Kai's incredulous look, he defended himself. "What?! All that running made me hungry and I haven't eaten since breakfast!"

Kai was about to bark out, "no!", when his own stomach let out an embarrassing rumble. He sighed and said, "Fine. I hope you have money cause I ain't got nothing."

~~~~~~~

As it turned out, Jay did had some money on him. They both bought a bag of chips and Jay, for some odd reason, bought a small bag of blue cotton candy("Is this really the time for cotton candy?" "Dude, there is always time for cotton candy. Deal with it."). They also managed to buy a small map from a convenience store, and Kai was trying to figure out where the heck they were.

"Dude, you wanted a map, and you can't read it to save your life?" Jay asked, chewing on a big piece of candy.

"Shut up, I know what I'm doing!" Kai snapped. "And chew with your mouth closed, nobody wants to see that!"

Jay chewed for a little longer than stuck out his tongue, which was covered in mushy blue cotton candy. Kai made a noise of disgust and shoved Jay away. "Dude! That's so gross!"

Jay laughed and swallowed the candy. "I know! I just wanted to see how'd you react!" He suddenly cocked his head to the side. "Hey, do you hear that?"

Kai stopped walking and listened. After a few seconds he heard it; an upbeat song playing loud enough to be heard over the noise of the city. "Huh, wonder what's going on?" he asked aloud.

"Let's go see!" Jay exclaimed, running off(thankfully not as fast as before) in the direction that the music was coming from.

"Jay wait up!" Kai cried, running after him. He knew that he had said that there would be no delays and that he would leave Jay if he caused a delay, but in the short time that he had known the excitable teen he had sort of grown fond of him. Now, he almost couldn't bear the thought of leaving Jay alone. It was nice being able to talk to someone close to his age.