Legend of The Samurai Part 1: A New Threat Rises

...So...It's been awhile...almost a month I think. Sorry about that. School made it hard to find time to write. Plus, this arc refuses to cooperate with me which isn't make things any easier. 

...yeah. I'm just gonna shut up and let you read the chapter. 

~~~~~~~~~

It was a quiet morning in Ninjago City. The sun had barely begun to rise, turning the sky a lovely shade of pink and lavender.

In the middle of downtown, there was a cafe just opening when a young girl walked through the doors. She was just a teenager, maybe just entering high school, and had a red hoodie that was pulled up over her head. Her hands were stuffed in the pocket of her hoodie, and she shuffled towards the counter slowly.

"Hi," she greeted the young man behind the counter. "Can I please get a medium cafe mocha, hot?" after a slight pause, she quickly added, "Extra whip cream on top."

The young man, a few years her senior, smiled flirtatiously and replied with, "Sure thing cutie. Coming right up."

The man turned around to make her coffee, so he missed the slight frown that crossed the girl's face. After a few minutes, he turned around with a full coffee cup in his hand. "There you go. One cafe mocha with extra whip cream."

The girl nodded and handed the man the money to pay for her drink. "Thank you," she said politely.

The young man smiled and said, "No problem, cute thing. Come back again soon."

"I will," the girl replied. "But before I go, can I just, ya know, say something?"

The man's smile grew wider and he leaned forward slightly. Suddenly, the girl's hand shot out and grabbed him by the collar. The now frightened male stared in shock at the girl's anger-filled amber eyes.

"I hate being called 'cute'," The girl spat, glaring daggers at the man. She released him and grabbed her coffee, walking out and slamming the door behind her. The young man just stared after her, his knees shaking slightly and his heart racing.

Outside, a few feet away, the girl paused and made sure that there was no one around, She pulled off her hood and ran a hand through her short, raven hair.

"Boys," she muttered to herself, taking a small sip of her cafe mocha before she ducked into an alley and seemingly vanished.

~~~~~~~~

It has been two weeks since a majority of the Hypnobrai had been captured and the four superpowered teens had been training for a majority of the time. Sensei Wu always let them have Saturdays off, but most of the time, they were practising or drilling all week. On those rare off days, everyone was content to do their own thing.

Kai had used his free time to get really good at most of the combative video games. He and Cole were always going at it in Smash Bros. So far, Cole had won a majority of their fights, but Kai was catching up to him.

Speaking of the black-clad dancer, he used his free time to either dance, read, work out, or try and cook. Emphasis on try. After his third accident in the kitchen while he was trying to make this Violet Berry Soup(seriously, how did he set the pot of water on fire?!), Cole was banned from ever cooking ever again.

Zane more often than not stayed in his room, either reading or sleeping. The last part wasn't so much because he was lazy--he just had a terrible sleep schedule. While at first a little joke, it was becoming more and more likely that the icy teen suffered from insomnia. More often than not, he went to sleep much later than the other teens. And what little sleep he seemed to get didn't seem to be restful. He always had dark circles underneath his eyes. They weren't quite as visible when he actually had a decent night's sleep, but they had yet to fade away completely.