The Legend of the Samurai Part 5: Do You Like Blue?

She wasn't sure what pissed her off more: the fact that the blue ninja was the one to get her helmet off or the fact that he was surprised that she was female.

...okay, it was more of the latter than the former, even though she couldn't entirely blame him for mistaking her gender—it's not like she made it very obvious that she was a girl—but it still pissed her off. So she didn't feel too bad about ramming her knee into his stomach.

She actually meant to hit lower—hey, it worked on the red ninja! Plus, the way he had crumpled to the ground afterwards had amused her more than it probably should have—but the awkward position meant that she had to settle for the blue ninja's lower abdomen. Still, it was effective.

The blue ninja let out an "oof!" and fell sideways off of her. "Owww, that hurts," He wheezed, clutching his stomach.

The Samurai chose to ignore him. Instead, she stood up and grabbed her helmet, checking it over quickly to make sure that the blue ninja hadn't damaged it. Once she was sure that it was okay, she pulled it on, grateful that her face was once again covered.

"H-hey," she frowned when she heard the blue ninja talk. He had managed to sit up, but he still had a hand on his stomach. "If you're mad at me for pulling off your helmet, I'm sorry. I really wanted to know who the Samurai was, and wow, lemme just say, I had no idea that you were a girl..."

The Samurai rolled her eyes as the blue ninja continued to talk to her. She tuned him out in favor of scanning the alleyway in front of them. Drat, she thought, frowning when she saw that the alley was empty. That Fangpyre thug's gone.

She looked up, noting a building that had a fairly stable fire escape ladder that led to the roof. She took off at a sprint, jumping up and grabbing onto the lowest rung of the ladder.

"Hey!" the blue ninja cried. "Where are you going?"

The Samurai ignored him, instead opting to climb up the ladder as fast she could. She flipped onto the roof and raced to the opposite edge, peering over it as she attempted to spot where the Fangpyre thug might have gone.

"H-hey, wait up!" She growled as the voice of the blue ninja reached her ears once again. Why is he following me?!

Wanting to get away from the blue nuisance and to hopefully see where the Fangpyre thug went, the female Samurai took a few steps back before sprinting forward. She jumped and landed neatly in a roll on the roof of the building next to the one she had just been on.

Pausing for only a brief moment, she turned her attention to the next building and started the process over again.

"Hey! Slow down!"

The Samurai had to resist the urge to find the nearest object and throw it at the blue ninja that insisted on following her. What does he want?! She wanted to scream. Instead, she did her level best to put some distance between her and the blue ninja.

For the next few minutes, it was a race across the rooftops of the buildings. The blue ninja would call out to her and try to get her to stop but the Samurai just ignored him and put on a bit more speed, hoping to get away and sorely missing her mech. It would make things sooo much easier. She mentally cursed the blue ninja for damaging it, and cursed herself for not making the mech shock-proof.

She was so caught up in her frustration that she didn't notice that the blue ninja had somehow gotten in front of her until she ran straight into him.

The female Samurai grunted as she bumped into him. She stumbled backwards and probably would have landed on her butt if a pair of hands hadn't gripped her wrists and kept her from falling.