Arma Angelus

"We don't talk for one week and I call to ask how your first week of prep school went and you tell me you made out with a guy in a closet?" Rolling my eyes once more, I nodded at my best friend as he ran a hand through his spiked hair trying to show off his new do.
"Yeah it was a game and your stupid hair looks fine, Pete. When did you decide that a blonde streak at the top of your head would even look good? you look like you're going through a mid-life crisis" I commented which made him laugh.
"Better than dreads"
"Anything is better than the dreads" I stated.
"You said you liked them!"
"You were so excited about them! Why was I gonna crush your spirit!"
"You're a bitch" he said leaning back in his chair playing with his belt buckle. Why he was still wearing jeans at nearly one am was beyond me.
"And you're a slut"
"I am not" he defended sitting up in his chair and leaning on one arm rest.
"Lemme give you two reasons, you're not wearing a shirt right now and you sucked off a guy last summer" I pointed out which made him reach over the armrest and pull on a black tank top followed by flipping me off making me giggle.
"And I only blew Beckett because I was drunk"
"Lightweight" I mumbled remembering the house party we went to together.

I had found him sucking off our friend Gabe's friend William in a bedroom which made me remove the drunken Pete Wentz out of the house and drive him home without having my own licence; explaining to Dale why her son's black shirt had white stuff on it and why he was stumbling was something I never thought I would have to explain within our nine years of friendship. Offering to watch the drunken Pete Wentz so he didn't die in a pool of his own vomit was something else I didn't think would occur but it did as well. He was a manwhore who drank his problems away which wasn't healthy but it was Pete and I couldn't stop him, I could help him and I've tried but I couldn't stop him from being who he was and being twelve hours away was defiantly something that worried me.

"Okay but maybe I won't drink at the athletic banquet if you come" he brought up again.
"This was the same shit we already spoke about Pete, I told you I'm not sure if I'm able to go. I don't have a car and my dad has to work"
"I'll come pick you up the day before. Please Evie" he begged using the name he's called me since we were eight.
"You're annoying"
"You love and miss me" he stated.
"That's debatable. Besides why don't you ask Barbra to be your date? It's just a ceremony and dance, I get if it was prom but like you're gonna make me miss a day of school to go see you get handed a medal for being biggest homo in the school?" I questioned which made him flip me off again causing me to laugh at the way he bit his lip showing he was tough when he wasn't; I knew Pete. He was a teddy bear.

"Im getting an award for being the most improved athlete, I am in fact not homo and besides, there's no way in hell would I ask Barbitch"
"What happened now?" I questioned.
"She sucked off Gabe while her and I were a thing"
"You guys could hold hands as you suck Saporta and Beckett off at the same time" I teased making him tilt his head back on his chair and then look up at me with an unamused expression.
"I'm gonna hang up on you, Jackson"
"Do it and I won't answer again, Wentz" I mocked making him smile.
"I miss you"
"I've been away for like what? nine days?" I told him.
"So? But if you don't come to the banquet, promise you'll come see me and the guys in Hoboken?"
"Of course, I'll even wear my Arma Angelus hoodie" I told my best friend which made him smile widely.
"Thank you"
"What for?" I asked crossing my left foot under my right and adjusting my glasses; I hardly wore them because I got picked on as a kid but I always wore them around the house and when I called Pete. He liked seeing me with the black frames because he said it was who I was, whatever that meant.

"Supporting me" he said writing something on a piece of paper off to the side of his desk.
"Do we really need to have this conversation again?" I asked which made him look at me again.
"No"
"Good because last time we did, I fell asleep on you. Literally and your parents questioned if we were dating" I reminded him laughing.
"What if I wrote a song about you?" He asked tapping his pencil against the wood desk.
"I can see the title now, I slept with someone in Arma Angelus and then I got this fucking song about me"
"I don't do long titles. Maybe something like Evelyn. Short and sweet like you"
"I'm two inches shorter than you!" I protested.
"Midget" he mumbled.
"Don't you have a bedtime?" I questioned making him laugh.
"Nope but if you're tired you should sleep, I don't want you bitching at me for your lack of rest"
"I think I'll take that and run to bed right now, night Petey" I said which made him smile once more and roll his chair to the side and then back so his entire body faced the screen; Petey had been the first nickname I gave him a week after we became friends, I even made him a bracelet with his nickname which I wore and my nickname on his in which he wore and they stayed on us until sixth grade when Pete got pushed against the wall at recess and was beaten up for wearing eyeliner. The kids cut the bracelet and he was left without one so I cut my own so we were without them together but we knew we still had each other. Child logic.