The only hope for me is you

"What are you writing?" Mikey asked as he turned onto a dead road.
"You can run away with me anytime you want" I answered.
"I think we already established that seeing as we literally stole Gerard's car and are driving in it" he stated in a rather sassy manner making me smile and roll my eyes at him.
"No idiot, I'm writing that in my book, see?"
"No I don't see because seeing involves taking my eyes off the road and taking my eyes off the road means I can fucking crash and if we don't die like this, we sure are gonna get killed by my brother for ruining this thing"
"Okay little miss dramatic I'm not the one who suggested to steal Gerard's car and run away" I reminded him as he made a right onto a dirt road; where he was going was beyond me but he clearly knew his destination so I didn't say anything about it.
"You agreed with me therefore this will partially be your fault"
"Do you know where we're going?" He then asked.
"No"
"Good, turn on the radio please" he begged making me turn it on which sounded Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind sound our car.
"I've heard this song about a million times this week change it" he demanded.
"Someone is cranky" I mumbled as I decided to put in one of Gerard's Queen CDs and Under Pressure began playing making Mikey sing along with Freddie Mercury; I only assumed he wanted me to sing Bowie's part.

"My only dream is to be able to preform this" Mikey stated as I sang but I stopped and looked at him for s second though I knew he wouldn't look back.
"Well maybe one day you will. Maybe one day you'll get to meet Bowie or even Brian May" I told him recalling the night he was rambling about Brian's guitar work in the band.
"Yeah, in my dreams I've already met everyone and even became best friends with fuckin Billie Corgan"
"Mikey I'm serious, why are you so negative?" I asked.
"I'm just saying the truth. I can barley play guitar, suck shit at bass and could deafen a child with my voice. I'll never be famous and the only way to meet your idols and befriend them is by being famous. I'm better off sticking to studying for some career"
"Look at Gerard. He's at SOVA because he wants to follow his dreams and become a comic book artist. Frank is in Pencey Prep and they seem to be doing pretty good and Ray is studying to become a psychologist because he wants to help people. They're all following their dreams because they don't want to be doing something they hate, music is your passion, Mikes. Just because Ray Gun Jones didn't work out doesn't mean another band won't. What was that name you found in the Irvine Welsh book the other day at work? Chemical what?"
"Three tales of Chemical Romance" he mumbled.
"And you said to put My in front of it to make it My Chemical Romance. Imagine how cool of a name that would be on t-shirts, drum sets, backdrops. Imagine people chanting mcr before your set and wanting your signature. Are you really gonna throw away such a good name?"
"Why not? I'm not cut out to be a musician anyway" I let the conversation slip into nothingness knowing that he doesn't want to continue it and sunk in my seat listening to Mikey sing both parts of the song while bobbing his head to the beat. If only be believed in himself.

"It's a treehouse" I stated seven minutes later when Mikey pulled up in front of a huge beech tree.
"It's mine and Gerard's. We use to bike all the way here to get away from home and ended up building this so we would have an exact destination to run away to so we don't get lost. If one of us weren't home, we'd come look here and sure enough, the other person would be in there. He hasn't came up here since like last summer, something about him being scared he'll break it but I usually come here when I just wanna think" he explained getting out.
"This is so beautiful but has such a dark meaning" I told him as I followed what he was doing and got out of the car as well.
"Yeah but doesn't everything? You just choose to see it the happy way" he stated opening the trunk of the car and pulling out two blankets and a basket; clearly the car wasn't stolen like I-excitedly-thought but planned before he came to my house.

Mikey handed me the blankets and walked up to the tree stump before putting the basket down and taking the blankets from me, setting them on the hood of the Subaru and giving me a smirk.
"What?" I questioned.
"Climb it" he commanded.
"Mikey, you're crazy right? I never climbed a stupid treehouse in my entire life and you expect me to just-" I'm cut off by Mikey pushing me against the stump and locking our lips as a way of telling me to be quiet before letting go and smiling.
"That's why I'm letting you go first. If you call, I'll be down here. How am I suppose to catch you if I'm up there, right?"
"I hate how smart you are at times" I told him before turning around and looking at the pieces of wood nailed to the tree as I took a deep breath and placed one foot on the first 9 inch piece of wood; as I made my way up, I felt a sharp sting on my left butt cheek making me hold onto the wood tighter causing Mikey to laugh below me.
"Now you know the second reason I wanted you to climb first" he called.
"You're an ass" I replied as I opened the hatch and crawled in taking note of the cigarette buds and empty beer bottles telling me the Way brothers did a lot more than just think up here.

"Okay on the tree you'll find a basket tied to a rope, I was you to lower it down because I'm gonna put the blankets in it so you can wheel it up" Mikey called up making me search around the tree only to notice the basket was placed on a branch so I-hesitantly-stood up and reached for the basket before dropping it through the door and feeling it fill up; I wheeled it up and dumped the two blankets beside me before lowering it again to allow Mikey to put the other one on it and then he climbed the tree with ease followed by closing the door so avoid falling. We set the bigger blanket-which ended up being an Italian flag blanket-on the wood and the second one-a Star Wars one-over our laps with a flashlight hanging from one of the ropes giving us light and the basket full of snacks and a drinks sat between us.

"How old were you and G found this tree and claimed it at the Way stump" I questioned as I licked the whipping off an Oreo.
"I was I think 12 so G was 15. I remember engraving our initials somewhere there" Mikey explained getting up and crawling over to the tree that was in the house and began feeling for the graving in which he ended up using the flashlight for.
"Right here, see?"

G.W
M.W
STUMP
NO GIRLS
ALLOWED

"If no girls are allowed does that mean I'm not allowed in here?"
"I was 12, leave me alone"
"Not after knowing you wrote that" I teased making him crawl over to me and poke my chest till I was laying on the ground which then gave him an advantage of crawling over me, each leg between both of mine as he began undoing my shirt while kissing down my stomach but I only watched in amusement before it was completely off leaving me with only a bra to cover the top half. I took that as my opportunity to sit up and lay him down which allowed me to straddle his waist as I grind over his friend making him lift his knees; I leaned down and kissed his neck to make sure I remarked it but made sure it was too high so he wouldn't be able to cover it with a collar again and began removing his shirt which made a grown escape his lips.
"Stop grinding on me babe"
"Getting a little horny now are we Mikey?" I asked in a teasing manner while tracing down his naked chest with a finger; if I was being honest, I didn't know what I was doing. I only knew what Pete had told me from his past experiences. Perks to your best friend liking two genders and messing around with both is that he can tell you what guys like but also what to not do; for example he told me that hair pulling is fine, most guys like that but to not be rough. A girl once ripped some hair out and it took everything in him to not cry out in pain so I take notes of that kinda stuff.

"Not my fault you're hot" he stated before sitting up, me still in his lap and began kissing me. His hands trailed from my bra strap down my waist and landing inside my jean pockets while mine removed his glasses, tossing them somewhere on the blanket before tangling my hands in his neat hair and bringing them back down to his chest.
"Is it too early to say I love you? Not because of this moment but for everything about you and you accepting me and being who you are and coming into my life and just being a great person and I love that" he said as he broke the kiss, leaning his forehead against mine and bringing his hands to my waist.
"No because I love you too" I said kissing him once more.
"You know, the only hope for me, the only reason why I'm still here is because of you, right?" He asked.
"I'll never leave your side then"

-----

First off, I wanna start by saying thank you so much for 1k reads. It's not a lot but to me it means the world so thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Xoxo

Anyway,
I love teasing you guys like that. You probably thought you were gonna get smut but nope, I like leading you on and then just dropping it and making it innocent.
I mentioned a lot of things in this chapter such as Mikey wanting to play Under Pressure, meeting Brian, MCR and Pencey Prep and I tried to make it as casual as possible because at the age of 17, you don't know you're gonna achieve all these cool things in life, especially in Mikey's shoes with his home life(which will be coming soon) so how would you feel if you were Mikey and your girlfriend/boyfriend was telling you things are gonna happen? Would you believe them?
Also, yes Pete is bisexual which is why I said that so don't hate on me for bringing it up or saying it is incorrect because it is in fact true.

How did you enjoy this chapter? Let me know!

And for my fellow Canadians, happy thanksgiving!