I'm Like a Lawyer With the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off(Me&You)

"Mikey this is Pete, Pete this is Mikey" I introduced the two as we-Pete and I-arrived at my school the Friday morning; Pete told my dad he would drop me off before exploring the city until my school day was complete. It sucked that he came during the week but he promised he would come back during the summer to visit and-possibly-take me back to Illinois to see my old friends as well as his family.

"Nice to meet you, Mikey. Evelyn has said good shit about you and I hope it's true if you're hanging around my sister because I'll find you if you mistreat her" Pete said sternly as he leaned over the armrests to face Mikey who stood outside the car and gave off a scared smile.
"I-i didn't know you were her brother. I thought she only had one"
"I do. Pete's just being an ass but trust me, he's only 5'6 so he can't do much" I reminded my friend before looking in and glaring at my best friend which made him laugh.
"I wish I caught that on video. You looked so scared!"
"Get out of here. Go explore or whatever you wanna do" I told him which only made him laugh again and start the car.
"What if I'm a vampire and "exploring" for me meant searching for people to drain of blood. Would you really want me exploring then?"
"I honestly don't care as long as you're off school property" I said patting the side of the car as a way to tell him to boot it and soon it was just Mikey and I at the curb before deciding to walk into the building.
"He seems nice"
"You're scared of him, Mikes. Don't be" I reminded my friend as I unlocked my locker and stuffed my bag in it before throwing my blazer over my shirt and locking it again as we headed towards Mikey's for him to do the same.

Since Pete has been in town these last few days, I haven't been able to hang out with Mikey much and only having one class with him doesn't give us enough time to talk; I would make Pete be nice and hang around Mikey but the tall blonde is too fragile to be around someone like him and his messed up jokes and I wouldn't want the mentioned blonde to feel uncomfortable or think I'm like the idiot I call my other half. Mikey is introverted while Pete is extroverted; granted there are times he's just like Mikey-closed off-but he's usually open about whatever is bugging him or what's on his mind in general. The entire medication incident doesn't count.

"Hey, tonight we're gonna watch the Selena documentary. It was Jamia and Ashlee's idea but we're only agreeing because we're slightly intimidated by them but I was wondering if you wanted to join. Obviously Pete should come too so they could meet him and this isn't like some date even if Frank and my brother are gonna be there grabbing each others dicks but"
"I'll ask Pete but I'm sure he'd loved to join seeing as his guilty pleasure is serenading Lola shirtless while singing Dreaming Of You but don't tell him I said that" I whispered as the bell rang.
"I'll see you in last period" I told my friend before running off towards my class and taking a seat; I pulled out my phone and shot a text to Pete about the movie which he replied with "ys pls" which made me question it until I remembered him and his friend we're doing some stupid bet on who can go longer without using vowels in their messages. I question him but I don't question him about his activates because it'll just confuse me even more.

The day continued as any other normal day and before I knew it, Pete and I were meeting everyone at the movies; he wanted to leave the house a bit earlier so he didn't make a bad impression but when we got there, only Jamia and Ashlee had arrived.
"Hey!" I called running up to my girl friends and hugging them but I took note of Ashlee standing still, she was looking past me and so I turned around and saw she was admiring Pete walking towards us while messaging someone which made me smirk at her.
"Oh?" I questioned.
"He's hot"
"That's my best friend" I told her which made her face go as red as her hair causing Jamia and I to giggle.
"That's Pete?" I looked back at my friend who had heard his name and shot his head up in our direction before smiling at us and walking slightly faster to introduce himself to the two girls who had arrived just before us.