The Kids Aren't Alright

Mikey left at nine, well we dropped him off to save Gerard the trouble of picking him up and let's just say, walking Mikey to his door and seeing Gerard's face sure was something emotional; he thought I found Mikey somewhere and that he had done something stupid but Mikey was in good condition, physically at least. That burn and bruise on the lower part of his back didn't count because they didn't happen today. Either way I found myself back at my desk now finishing a drawing I had started last week when I heard someone clear their throat so I turned around and there stood a black haired idiot I've known for half my life making me squeal and run up to him.

"Pete!" I yelled attaching myself to him making my best friend laugh and hold onto me tightly as he made his way over to my bed and lay down with me on top of him refusing to let go.
"When did you get here?" I asked finally sitting up allowing him to hold himself up by his elbows and look at me; smile not leaving his face which made me grin back at him.
"Got into Jersey like an hour ago. I called your dad asking for the address and next thing you know I'm at your front door" I dived back onto my friend and he rested his head against the headboard with me leaning on his chest, an arm draped over me protectively as I sighed happily.
"How long are you here for?"
"Just the weekend. I'm gonna leave Sunday at around noon"
"For you to be here at this time, you ditched school" I told him.
"Well duh. I got up at five and was planning to leave at six but didn't until eight but it's worth it because I'm here with my favourite pain in the ass"
"I hate you"
"You really don't but okay" Pete said in a cocky manner followed by his laugh making my brother running down the stairs and into my room, eyes widening when he saw who was in our house.

"Pete!"
"Seb!" he mimicked getting up and bro-hugging my brother.
"When'd you get here?" He asked throwing his shirt over the rest of his clean body-he must've ran out of the shower-and sitting down so Pete crossed his legs and I got up as well looking at my best friend.
"And when did that happen?" Seb asked pointing to his hair making Pete run a hand through it.
"Probably a month ago. It was a few days after you guys moved"
"Looks better than the dreads"
"Why are you guys dissing my dreads!"
"They made you look like pothead!" I reminded him.
"Okay but Jamia's boyfriend looks like a pothead now" my brother stated.
"I don't even know why he decided dreads looked good so don't even bring that up" I said referring to Frank who a few days ago decided dreadlocks would be a fantastic idea; he was wrong but we don't have the heart to tell him that. 

"But it looks pretty rad now, doesn't it?" He asked looking at me making me nod my head in approval.
"Oh yeah you just missed Mikey" my brother told my best friend.
"Oh so spin the bottle boy's name is Mikey is it?" Pete questioned looking at me with a massive smirk on his face.
"You played spin the bottle with Mikey Way?!"
"Shut up" I hissed.
"Wait how'd you get in?" Seb asked.
"I broke the living room window with the baseball bat in my trunk of course. Nah I called your dad and told him I was in town and so he met up with me down the street at this Starbucks and I followed him here" he explained to the blonde who looked at his brother figure in awe.

Being around Pete since he was four, Sebastian grew this brotherly attachment to the caramel skinned teen and Pete liked the idea of being an idol for someone other than his two younger siblings. There would be times where if he knew my brother was sick or was having a bad day, he'd show up at our house with a dozen of his favourite donuts from Dunkin' Donuts and the two would sit and play video games; even if him and I got into a fight and didn't talk he would still come see my brother which was another reason my dad loved him. He cared about Seb just as much as he cared about me.
"Can I shower? I kinda forgot to last night and I smell like my car and I know you'll make me sleep on the couch if I smell bad" Pete asked rummaging through his bag for pyjamas and then looking up at me like a child for an answer he already knew.
"Knock yourself out"
"Can I use your smelly shampoo too?" He questioned.
"If I say no you'll still use it so I mean" I told him; he laughed at me and got up, heading out the bedroom door and down the hall to the bathroom and my brother looked at me before saying goodnight followed by him leaving as well and going up the stairs to-without a doubt-the living room to play Starfox again.