NINETEEN

NINETEEN

"IT'S LATE," Remus said, stifling a yawn behind his palm. "I reckon I'm going to head to bed."

He stood slowly from the couch, his limbs extending as he placed his empty pint glass on the table. Long fingers brushed floppy hair away from his tired eyes, and Lennon watched as he headed towards his room.

"I'll join you, love," Sirius began, trundling after Remus towards their bedroom. "You staying, Pete? You'll have to take the couch though, 'cause the spare room is Len's." 

"I'll just finish my pint and be off, lads. You gonna keep me company, Len?" Peter asked, his grin almost too friendly as he leered at her. She didn't seem to mind all too much, instead floating in her own little world of inebriated haziness.

"Mmm," she agreed, leaning her head against his shoulder as Sirius watched on in disapproval, uncomfortable at Peter's grotesque approaches on the brunette.

Peter sipped at his drink leisurely, as if to waste time as he contemplated the best approach towards Lennon. Reluctantly, Sirius disappeared into the bedroom, leaving the door open ever so slightly just in case Peter got a little too handsy.

"So, Len, when's the last time you kissed a boy?" Peter questioned, lacking any form of subtlety, and yet the younger girl was too far gone to even notice.

"Probably a few months ago. What about you?" she informed him obliviously, sipping quietly on her drink as her head lolled against his shoulder.

"I don't kiss boys, silly. Just pretty girls, like you." 

Peter was undeniably smooth, Lennon thought, as a faint blush crept upon her cheeks. Any thoughts of Lily had been banished from her mind as she considered the idea of letting Peter kiss her.

She glanced up at him out of curiosity. His lips were smooth and plump and Lennon almost felt the sudden urge to leap forward and kiss him, hoping for a spark. Perhaps Peter was what she had been waiting for, a cure to the bizarre crush she'd formed on her life long best friend. Maybe her emotions were misplacing jealousy for lust, and indulging Peter would be the solution.

Before she could consider it further, Peter had leant down to kiss her, his left hand cradling her cheek comfortingly. Without a moment of hesitation, she responded, sinking into his embrace. Her lips moved in sync with his, but disappointingly, she was certain she couldn't feel that jolt of electricity she had longed for.

Adamant for some romantic connection, she pulled him closer, draping her arms loosely around his neck which only encouraged the older boy. His lips fell to her neck, clumsily grazing his mouth across her skin until he was certain he'd left a mark. She grew more uncomfortable by the minute, feeling attacked than aroused.

"Peter, let's stop," she mumbled softly to him, hoping to disengage from him gracefully, yet her words seemed lost to him as he powered on, dipping lower to connect his lips to exposed collarbone.

"Peter. C'mon. I'm tired," she insisted, sliding her arms away from his neck and standing, doing her best to make distance between them.

"Aw, c'mon, Lennon. Let's have some fun," he said, attempting desperately to coax her back into his arms.

He rose from the couch, towering over her shorter frame by a fair few inches. Instantly, she felt her stomach drop, and considered yelling on Sirius and Remus for help.

Instantly, her heart fell into the depths of her stomach, and she considered yelling for Sirius and Remus. She had no clue of Peter's true intentions, and she began to wonder just how far he was willing to go to get what he desired.