Chapter 2: Mal's Back

Evangeline's P.O.V.

  I was at Lady Tremaine's Hair and Dye with Dizzy, daughter of Drizella. I was helping her clean the shop.

She was sweeping and I was organizing some of the products she had.

Dizzy was like a little sister to me. Evie and I absolutely adored the little girl. She is more Auradon like than Isle like.

She has always wanted to go to Auradon, but I guess her grandmother wouldn't let her.

At least that's something we have in common.

"Hey, Evangeline?" she asked me.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I saw you and Gil earlier today together. Is there something going on between you two?" she asked.

I suddenly felt a blush creep onto my cheeks.

"More like something going on with me. My feelings for him." I explained.

"Omg! You have a crush on the son of Gaston! How come you never told me?" she squealed, followed by a bang as well as a 'Knock it off!' from Lady Tremaine.

"I thought you would hate the fact that I liked the best friend of the two people you hate the most." I explained.

"Evangeline, I think you and Gil look adorable together!" she said.

"You really think so?" I asked the little girl.

"What if I said yes?" she asked. I smiled and continued with sorting out the hair dyes and nail polishes.

"You should tell him." she told me. I sighed as I looked at her.

"I want to, but it's not easy, Dizzy." I told her.

"Why isn't it easy?" she asked.

"One, I've had feelings for him since he and I were kids. And Two, I don't want to ruin our friendship by telling him." I explained.

"I see." she told me.

"I'll be right back, Diz." I told her. She smiled and nodded before she put on her headphones.

I walked until I got to the door. I opened it and slowly got out before closing it.

I turned around and as I did, I felt myself bump into somebody.

"Sorry. My bad." I told them.

"It's fine." they replied.

I looked up and I gasped as I saw who it was. I couldn't believe she was here.

Mal was here.

"Mal?" I asked with wide eyes.

She had the same expression as mine.

"Evangeline?" she asked.

I smiled and nodded before I wrapped my arms around her, which she responded. I felt tears pour in my eyes as I hugged the daughter of Maleficent.

We soon pulled away after five minutes of hugging.

"What brings you here and how's Evie?" I asked her.