Chapter 4: Confessions

Evangeline's P.O.V.

  "If you guys wouldn't have brought him here, This never would've happened. What were you thinking?" Mal got after Carlos, Jay, and Evie.

"He was gonna come with or without us. We just wanted to protect him." Evie replied.

"Yeah, and we completely blew it." Carlos said.

"Okay. Okay." Jay slightly shouted.

"So, what are we gonna do?"

"We are not doing anything. This is between Uma and me. And, she's a punk and guess what? Now, I have to go get him." Mal told us.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mal, you're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his war friends." Carlos explained.

"Yeah, you're gonna need us." Jay said.

"Uma said to come alone." she replied.

"Mal, come on." Evie begged.

"She said to come alone. I know one thing. I'm not going anywhere." Carlos told the rest of us.

"We'll be here when you get back." Jay informed Mal before she walked off.

"I'm gonna go and check up on Gil. I'll be back." I told them.

They all nodded before I walked out of the place and ended up on the streets of the Isle.

I passed by a couple of kids who looked hungry and sad. I reached into my pocket and got some money I had stolen a long time ago from a witch before giving it to them.

"Go. Get some food." I told them as they got up and ran off.

I continued walking and I ended up seeing Gil talking with Harry.

I hid somewhere as I watched them, but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

However, I saw the look of worry on the son of Gaston's face.

Once Harry left, I got out from my hiding spot.

"Gil." I called out.

He looked at me and fast-walked to where I was standing and wrapped his muscular arms around me.

"I'm sorry for what I did." Gil said.

"You told Uma about Ben, did you?" I asked him.

"I had to. One of the crew members threatened to have Uma hurt you and I couldn't let that happen." he explained.

"Hey, it's okay. It isn't your fault. You were forced. I'm here now." I reassured him as we pulled away.

"I'm done. I won't let her control me anymore. I won't allow her to make me not be myself. I'm now on your side. I'll be joining you, Mal, Carlos, Jay, and your sister. If you go to Auradon, I'm going too." he told me.

I smiled as I nodded. I was about to walk away until he grabbed my hand.

"I had to tell you something earlier before Harry interrupted." he explained.

Why do I have a good feeling about this?

"What is it?" I asked. He turned me around and grabbed both of my hands.

"I wanted to tell you this long ago, but I was afraid."

"Evangeline, I have feelings for you. I have had feelings for you since we were kids. At first, I had no idea what I was feeling. That was until I went to Dizzy's place and she explained everything to me. Whenever I was around you, I wanted to hold you in my arms and just litter your face with kisses. Whenever the other crew members tried to hit on you, I wanted nothing more than to just make them stay away. I think I'm in love with you, Eva. Will you be my queen?" he asked me.

I felt tears pour into my eyes as I smiled and nodded. Gil smiled before picking me up and spinning me around, the both of us laughing.

I was finally feeling happy for the first time.

The boy I had feelings for just told me he had some for me. I guess dreams do come true.

That's one down.

Now, time for the second one; getting out of here.

"Yes, I will." I told him as he set me down.

He smiled as he and I intertwined our hands and laced our fingers together.

He slowly leaned in and gently pressed his lips against mine.

I stood still for a few seconds, frozen at the fact my crush was kissing me.

I smiled into the kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

The moment didn't last long, as we both had to pull away for oxygen.

He rested his forehead against mine.

"If you're going to be on our side, you have to tell Mal's gang." I said.

"Let's do it." he told me. I nodded before I grabbed his hand and I led him to the place my friends and sister were.

We got inside and as soon as Jay, Carlos, and Evie saw Gil with me, Jay was about to charge until I stopped him.

"Jay, chill. He has something to say." I told him.

"What are you doing here?" my sister said in disgust, looking at my new boyfriend.

"E, calm down. I know you all are mad about what happened with Ben, but just let him explain." I told them. They sighed and nodded.

"I'm joining your side now. All this time, I thought I enjoyed being with Uma and the crew. However, when my feelings for Evangeline started to show, that's when things went down. Uma has been controlling me and I am sick of it. Now that I'm with Evangeline, I'm on her side now. If you guys are taking her to Auradon with you, take me with you. Wherever she goes, I go." he told them.

I slightly squeezed Gil's hand at what my friends' responses would be.

"Well, if you're willing to join us, you're welcome in." Jay told him.

"I agree. Whatever makes my sister happy, I'll go with it." Evie added.

"Same here." Carlos agreed.

"However, Gil..." Evie started. "If you hurt my sister in any way, I won't hesitate to convince Ben to send you back here." she warned.

"I won't." he replied, making everybody else chuckle.