Chapter 13

Dan's Pov

Something felt off. Something was wrong and I knew it. I decided to go check on Em and Phil since they were the only people I knew who could be in trouble. When I got to the Hufflepuff common room door I said the password and the door swung open. I looked all around the common room and didn't see Em or Phil.

"Em! Phil!" I shouted. 2 boys in appeared and looked over the banister.

"What's going on?" one of them asked.

"Where's Em and Phil?" I asked.

"Phil ran out of here crying and Em ran after him, we have no idea where they are" the other boy said. I knew where they were. When Phil and I were friends he always went to the forbidden forest when he was upset or angry. I said thank you to the boys and ran as fast as I could to the forbidden forest. About halfway through the woods I heard voices from the left of me and sobbing from the right of me.

"Em! Phil!" I shouted again.

"Dan! I'm over here!" Em shouted from the left side of me. I ran towards Em and when I got there Em was on the ground and PJ was standing near her with his wand out.

"What are you doing?!" I asked.

"I'm gonna kill her" PJ said with an evil glint in his eye "She doesn't deserve to be here at Hogwarts"

"She belongs here, she's a wizard isn't she?" I asked, trying to distract him.

"With her death comes the rise of Voldemort" he said. Em had stood up.

"To the right" I mouthed to her. She ran off in that direction and when PJ turned around she was already gone.