Here We Go!

As Hannah took a deep breath in, determined to blow out the 14 candles on her homemade birthday cake, she made a very special wish. The same wish that she made every year. She wished that her orb would disappear. For as long as she could remember, she had been followed around by a small green orb. It would hover above her, just out of reach, and never leave her alone. It wasn't a huge deal, it didn't make noise or anything, but what bothered her the most about it was that nobody could see it! As a small child, her parents dismissed her claims of an orb following her as nothing more than a figment of her imagination, and she learned over the years that she should just keep quiet about it. She blew out the candles, and watched as 13 of them went out, leaving the center candle lit. She frowned. There goes another wasted wish. She stood up and put the cake she made herself back in the barely working fridge and looked around. Her mother was a drug addict, and her father was never home. Together, her parents didn't really care about her. They would pay the bills and that's it. She walked outside, and continued down the road toward her best friend Trevor's house. He was always there for her, and she was grateful to have a friend as good as him by her side. He was the only one that could see her orb, and he had one too, although his was not a small green orb like hers. His had 'evolved' as they called it, when his mother died. He was devastated, and he said that as soon as he had heard that she was murdered, his small green orb exploded into a burst of white light, eventually dimming down to the bright purple it was now. After no more than a few minutes of walking down the gravel road, looking out across the grey ocean, she finally reached his house. She climbed in through his window like she did every day, and found him laying on the ground, bruised and bloody. She ran over.

"Trevor! Are you okay?"

She was shaking now, scared and full of rage as she felt for a pulse. Trevor's father had been a loving man until his wife had died. He turned to drinking, and became a hardened alcoholic. He would beat Trevor, but usually never this badly. She found a pulse although her hands were shaking and her eyes were filled with tears. She sat him against the wall, patting his cheeks and trying to wake him up, but to no avail. She looked around his small room for some water, and soon gave up, opening his door and running down his hallway. She felt herself stop, and her heart drop as a blinding white light engulfed her. But the image she ran out to had already burned into her mind. She had been permanently scarred.

The Special OnesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara