Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - One Word, Thousands Meaning

The woman looked at her 'husband' sadly. She was currently looking from her bedroom door in which did not close properly.

The man, her husband, was sitting on the couch in their massive living room. And beside him-or more accurately-in his arms, was a blond hair-coloured lady.

They were cuddling on the couch. With a white colour feline sitting just on the laps of the lady. Enjoying the lady's hand stroking her white soft fur.

The previous woman slowly closed her bedroom door. Walking, or rather, dragging her feet to the queen size bed in the middle of the room. Ignoring the tears falling on her cheeks before she lay down on the bed.

On her mind was the question that have been rooming there for more than a month now.

'Why am I still here?'

'He can annul the agreement anytime now, now that he have what he needed all this time.'

She knew she was no longer needed by her 'husband'. But deep down, she never wanted to leave him. Not because of the agreement anymore.

She was there when he was down, when things go south for him. When he was diagnosed with severe depression that soon led to him being hospitalised for many weeks.

She was there through out the way to help heal him. If she goes now, what would happen when he needed her again?

What if he suddenly become sick?

What if he went depressed again?

What if . . .

'No'

Deep down she knew, it's not about him, it's about her.

'What if I need him?'

'What if I become sick and there's no one to take care of me like before?'

'Wh-what if, , , I went back to being the Me I desperately wanted to forget.'

'What if I lost myself again?'

No one ever knew, about her dark past. Not a single person in Korea knew about it. Not even her close friends, no one but her knew about her past. A past she despise. A past she desperately wanted to forget. A past that still haunts her every night in her sleep. More so now that she was no longer sleeping in the same bed as her husband.

'I need to leave..'

'But this is my place.'

'No, no it is not. It's not meant to be mine from the very beginning.'

'But-but he said he loves me....'

'Yes he did. But now he's saying that to a different woman. A woman who he initially loves. A woman who was initially his. A woman, who never leaves his heart.'

'Yes-yes that's right. I'm just the replacement for her. From the very beginning, I'm-I'm the other woman'

And the door to the woman's room slowly and silently shut. Leaving her in the dark, cold room all by herself.

She silently looked at the luggage that she had prepared a week ahead. She thought she cpuld change his mind, but clearly she was wrong.

____________________

Bolded is the inner conflict in (Your Name)'s head.

This is my first Han Jumin/Mystic Messenger fanfic. I've always wanted to do this. So, can you give some feedback about this one. I'm still in between whether to continue this story or to stop.

Amee0305
2

9July2018, 12.10 a.m.

553 words