Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Everything started to go wrong

The brunette did not remember what she did, that was so wrong for her to deserve being treated like that by her husband.

The last time they talked was when the man decided to help his blond-haired 'friend' and ever since he did not come home.

That day, he came back home after almost a month of being away-3 weeks to be exact- and went straight to his room.

At first, she thought maybe he was feeling stressed from his work in the office. But then again, he was never the type of person to be bringing dejection about work or business, home. But she never questioned him. It was not her place to do that. And she knows that very well.

She left him to himself and decided to fix them some dinner. The maids would usually do that but tonight she felt like doing it. Like all the other rare days when she would suddenly felt like cooking.

Her husband never once said anything about her cooking, but he always finished all the ones that she cooked. And on some other rare days, he would even asked her to cook something for him. And she really liked it when he did that.

After the brunette finished cooking, she asked the maids who were still in the mansion to turn in early that night, as they seem a bit under the weather. Most of them just recovered from a recent flu and fever. Which was actually one of the reason why she decided to be extra helpful today around the mansion.

After she was left alone in the huge dining room, she patiently wait for her husband to come out of his room for dinner. But after more than 30 minutes of waiting, she got tired of waiting and decided she would called him herself.

So she made her way to the handsome man's room. His door was not closed properly. Which was odd itself. The man liked to keep everything private. Knowing his room's door was not closed properly usually brought anger to him. She knew that, though she learned it the hard way.

The woman was about to knock on the door when she heard him talking.

"I've already told you about this yesterday. There really is nothing between us."

"I know. But you should trust me more. There's no way I could do that."

"She's just a puppet. She's nothing to me, you should know that by now."

"We'll be separating soon. You don't have to worry about that okay?? I promised you and I never broke my promises."

"Yes. I'll be back again tonight after I finished the paper. But you make sure you sleep first and not to wait for me. Okay??"

"Okay sweetheart.. I love you too. I'll be back soon okay.." he said lastly with a huge smile on his face. After he placed his phone down, the man continue scribbing on the piece of paper he had in front of him.

While the young brunette, she was still standing in front of his room. She was shocked. But it was not something that she did not expect before. She knew her life was surrounded by the dark cloud.

The cloud that has been with her since her dad died. Everytime she achieved happiness, something bad thing would occured. Again and again it started to rob all her happiness away from her.

When she met Jumin, she knew one day she would lose him. So she did not put a lot of hope in living a happy-ever-after life with him. But he gave her hope. That they could really be real. He made her believe. He made her love again. She love him. But again, he was taken away from her.

'That's alright. I'll be going away anyway. Things just don't go the way I wanted. I thought I'll be going in his arms. Looks like I'll be going alone.' she thought as she made her way into her bedroom. Her eyes looked dead as she reached for the letter on her nightstand.

She folded the piece of paper in her hand and placed it back where she got it first. The brunette got up of her bed. And made her way to the wardrobe where she kept all her things.

——————————

Amee0305

731 words
17 November 2018

10.40p.m.

Media source: Deviant Art