Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Her past

The teenage girl started shivering as the only clothing that covers her body is as thin as a paper. She started to lose the feeling from her fingers.

Slowly, she started to rub her arms to create some warmth. It has been 5 days now since she got away from her abusive stepfather.

He was one of the most ruthless person in the country she had her foot in currently. He was rich. He was powerful and he sure have all the attitude.

The first time the young girl met him was when she was 10. Her father passed away when she was 9. And at that age. She did not question much of what her mommy did. It might also be the effect of losing her father at such young age.

But nonetheless, all she remembered was the white gown her mommy put on as she walked in the room where the young girl was supposed to rest in. And also the handsome guy that has his arm around her mommy.

The first few years ahead of them were beautiful and memorable. They went to another place in which it snows a lot. That was the first time she went on an airplane. The people there spoke a language she did not understand. But the nice man ask a beautiful lady to teach her the language.

By the time she was 11 and a half, she has already know how to speak and write to the new language. The nice man ask her to call him father. And she did. He was like a father to her as he was very nice. But he could never be daddy. There is only one daddy she had. And forever will her daddy be her daddy.

Years past and she was actually happy again. She was slowly cured of her childhood trauma.

She was living the life she always read in one of her story books. And she likes it that her mother is smiling happily again.

But then, when she was 16, she heard her parents fight for the first time. They were a lot of screaming. And she often heard her name and daddy's name being repeated in the argument. But she did not get to know what the argument is about as she was only hearing from the slightly ajar door of her parent's bedroom.

She wanted to stop the fight, but she couldn't. She was not brave enough for it. So she ran to her room which is across the hall. She was glad to finally achieve the silence when she reached her room.

Things were cold for the past few days later. And a month after that, her mother suddenly passed away. She was shocked. But father said her time has come. That she had to let her mother go willingly. Her father did not said many words to her. But his facial expression seems sad all the time after that.

Things went back to the way they were except this time, mother was gone. And father was not like the way he was before. He was distance and sometimes he would treated her harshly.

She did not know what to do. Mother was not there anymore to protect her. But she stayed. She did not have any other choice. That was until her father become more unstable. He tried to hurt again. This time he was holding a knife.

That was when she decided to run. But she was so in haste that she did not bring anything with her.

And now there she was, hiding in between the roofed area of the alley. She was dying out of coldness. She was finally losing all her feeling in her body. Until she heard a voice. A voice asking if she was okay.

She looked up to see a man with the darkest eye coloured in her life.

——————————
If anyone is confused:

Daddy - Biological dad
Mommy - Mum before remarrying
Father - Stepdad
Mothet - Mum after remarrying

Amee0305
30August2018, 12.12p.m.
6

74 words