Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - How it begins

The young brunette slowly closed the red covered book in front of her. Her mouth heaved a sigh of relieved. She just finished reading the whole book and was feeling quite satisfied with the story.

For these past few days, that was the only activity that can heal herself. The brunette and her dark blue colour haired husband has been married for almost a month now.

And as according to the agreement, the woman was to be present only in the mansion and not anywhere else that does not bring benefits for the man's business.

So, there she was. In the mansion, spending most of her time either in her bedroom or in the living room.

Finally noticing the boredom of the woman, the dark-haired man decided to brought her a whole new set of bookshelves of novel from world famous authors. And to her fortune, most of the novel fits her taste.

But that was as far as the soft spot of the man that the woman could noticed. He really sticks to the agreement letter very firmly. Leaving the woman on her own most of the time.

But she did not mind it in the slightest way. As she also gained profit from the marriage.

The man, as she was once told by everyone around her, was a man of very few words and as cold as ice. But somehow, she sometimes could see through the man's high build wall surrounding him.

At one time, when he was sleeping, the woman pass through his bedroom and heard him groaning and slightly tussling in his sleep. She took a peek and eventually went to him, she tried to get the man out of his miserable state but ended up getting hug instead by the man throughout the whole night.

Of course the man said nothing about that night. Making the woman to think that he is, as people call him, the ice prince.

However a few nights ahead, the man gave her a new 'instruction' that is the woman will be in the same bedroom as he was during his sleeping time, by his side.

And that was the beginning of their lukewarm relationship. How she would hold his hand everytime he sleeps. Though she is not allowed to be in the same bed, by that event, it all started to dawn to her that the man she was with is her husband.

Starting from that day, she was there whenever her husband needed her. When he was sick, when he was sad, when he was stressed out and every other time when he needed her. And she was finally happy to be by his side.

They were happy. SHE was happy. For awhile they live their lives like a normal married couple. No one ever mentioned about the agreement anymore. It was like the agreement was not even there in the first place.

But all the happiness ended as soon as it started.

As the woman then started to regret her encounter with the man she called her 'husband'.

______________________

Amee0305
3

August2018, 8.55p.m.

521 words