Chapter 1

I wake up and my head is killing me, "Wha-"

"Lia!" Someone yells.

"I see you are awake, Ms. McConathy." A nurse says.

"Ye-Yeah. What happened?" I asked as the nurse gave me a pill and some water.

"Well, we don't know for sure but we do know that you had a really bad headache and most likely made you faint. Nothing serious, hun." The nurse smiles as she puts in some information on a computer.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Tanner hugs me.

Tanner. Right. My boyfriend? I think so. Wait, yeah, he is. I need some time to think.

"Yeah. Me too." I hug him back.

"Lia! Oh my goodness!" My mom and Quentin come in.

"Oh, hello guys." I smile.

They both hug me and ask how I'm doing. The nurse unhooks me from these death machines and they say I can go once the doctor comes in. That might take a while.

"Wanna go to IHOP after you leave?" Tanner asks and Quentin nods.

"Um, no thanks. I think I need to rest at home for a while." I say and smile.

They both give me upset looks, but they understand.

A knock at the door is heard and a doctor walks in, "Okay, so I will give you some medication to take once a day. It should help your headaches and migraines go away. If they don't, call us and we'll try something else. Once the pills are gone, you should be back to normal."

He goes on with minor side effects and such. The normal.

"So, can I go?" I ask, eager to get out of this place.

"Yes, of course." The doctor laughs.

"Thank goodness- I mean, okay..." I nervously laugh.

"Have fun." The doctor smiles and walks out.

I get all of my stuff in a hurry and we walk out of the hospital. I hop into my moms car with her as Tanner and Quentin go into Tanner's car.

I already miss Tanner. Is that crazy? I don't know. Am I obsessed or is it normal for a girlfriend to feel that way?

"How are you feeling?" My mom asks as we buckle up and drive off.

"Meh. My head still kinda hurts. I just wanna go home." I sigh.

"Ok. We'll be home in a bit." My mom smiles.

The car ride was boring and all I wanted to do was sleep. It's basically impossible for me to sleep in a car. It's absolutely no use.

We finally get home and I walk out and go straight to my room. I go on the bed and I fall asleep, right away.

~~~

I sigh as I rub my eyes awake. My phone buzzes and it lights up. It says I have a text from Tanner. It's 1am. Why???

Tanner❤️: Open your window.

Me: whyyyy

Tanner❤️: because I said. OPEN ITTTT!

Me: fine, just calm down.

I go and open my window and I see Tanner outside.

"Tanner!" I squeal as I let him in.

He climbs through and lays on my bed, "Hey."

"Why are you here?" I ask smiling.

"Because I love you." Tanner smiles as I lay on top of him.

"I love you too." I smile and give him a quick kiss on his chest.

"I missed you, I really did." Tanner sighs as he runs his hands through my long hair.

"I missed you too. Wait, how long was I asleep?" I asked, looking at him.

"About 2 days." Tanner shrugs.

"Oh." I smile.

"Come here." Tanner smiles and pulls me up closer to his head.

He kisses my lips gently and that quickly turns into a heated make out session. We do that for a bit, but then he just wraps his arms around me protectively. I roll over as Tanner then puts his head on my stomach. I run my hand through his dirty blonde hair as I fall asleep and Tanner does too.

~~~

How do you like the first chapter of the second book? If you haven't read the first book, you should read it before this one. You should find it at my profileeee @emilyyyy_writes