Chapter 2

Alex

What an unbelievable day this has been. I'm so happy I came to Liliana's kindergarten graduation. The kids made me feel like a Rock Star. When I saw Liliana come into the auditorium and look at me and her mother, my heart swelled with pride. When Megan pretended to swoon and fell back into my arms, I couldn't believe how good it felt to hold her.

I wonder how she felt? Why am I even thinking about her? This thing, that happens to me around her is insane. . . . I'm drawn to her like a magnet, but I haven't known her for long. I just don't get how this is possible.

Flashback. . .

"Let's take some pictures to send to Aunt Avalon. I'll stand with you, Liliana and then you can stand with, Mr. Alex." Megan directed us.

"Why don't you stand together, and I'll take a picture of all three of you together." One mom spoke up.We handed her our cellphones to take the picture.

"Thank you, that's very thoughtful of you." Megan nervously replied.

We had just come from Liliana's classroom, viewing her drawings over the school year. The last one, that she drew of us as a family got to both of us. I know Megan didn't want to encourage her by taking a picture, with the three of us together. We felt and looked like a family.

A couple of people passing by remarked, "What a beautiful family."

I was surprised that I actually didn't mind having our picture taken together. I'm not ready to settle down with a family. At least, I never thought so before Megan and Liliana.

I was so proud of myself driving with Liliana in my car in a booster seat. I didn't know what that was, before that day. I had Megan drive home and park her car so we could all ride in my car together.

"I need to put Liliana's booster seat in the back seat of your car, before you drive us." Megan bit her lip, and sized up the back seat of my black Mercedes. She looked adorable in her serious scrutiny of my back seat, and she tugged on the seat belt before adjusting the booster seat.

"Five year olds still use a car seat?" I was getting a lesson on little kid's safety. I enjoyed being near my instructor. I watched the sunlight bring out the various highlights of her auburn hair, and the way it shimmered in her eyes. It was hard to be in close proximity to her.

"Kids still need a booster seat, until they are eight years old." She emphasized very informatively. Suddenly, after spending so much time observing her closely, I wanted to kiss her. I made sure to keep my eyes focused on hers, as I listened. I don't know where that thought came from.

She buckled Liliana in. I punched the restaurant in my GPS and we were on our way to lunch.  It was so strange looking in the rear view mirror, and seeing an adorable curly haired little girl. She had the biggest heart melting brown eyes, strapped in a booster seat in my car.

We went to The Rain Forest Cafe after the graduation. It was my first time eating at this restaurant. Liliana, was my tour guide. The decor had the feel of being in an actual real rainforest. It was a nice experience. I can see why kids loved to go there.

"Mr. Alex, do you like it here? This is my favorite restaurant. All of the kids in my class come here with their family too." She had the cutest little voice. She was petite and she loved to giggle.

Liliana, took me by the hand to see the pretend animals and I acted like I was afraid. "Mr. Alex! They aren't real, silly." She let out a peel of laughter, she thought my reaction was so funny. It's such a joy to see and hear her laugh.

Megan was not herself and I knew what was on her mind. She pretended for Liliana's sake.  Our eyes met a few times. I could see pain, and sadness in her unique green eyes. I couldn't stop noticing how captivating she is, and I had a hard time taking my eyes off of her.

I was at a loss, as to what I should do for Megan and for Liliana. It was extremely awkward between Megan and I at lunch.

End of Flashback. . .

I can't stop looking at the photo, one of the moms took of the three of us. It came out amazing.  I sent it to Chance and Avalon, and they both loved it. I love it too.

I just don't know how to proceed from here.

My phone ringing got my attention. "Hey Ashley, yes I had a great time at the graduation. I brought her a dozen pink roses. Of course I knew to bring flowers. Her mother was very happy that I came. Liliana was too. I met all of her friends, and it was so sweet."

"Her mother's name is Megan. No, she is a single parent. I'm not going to get into her personal life with you. I'm working tomorrow all day, so we'll have to do lunch another day." She sounded very jealous, so I quickly got off the phone. I knew Ashley wasn't going to work out for me.

I hung up with her, and couldn't stop thinking about Megan. How do I proceed with my little friend, with the cutest snaggletooth grin? She obviously needs a Dad. Maybe, I could spend a little time with her. I thought about calling Megan, but I'm afraid of where that road may lead.

I went against my better judgement. "Hi Megan. I just wanted to call and let you know how much I enjoyed my day at Liliana's graduation. The Rainforest Cafe is a nice family friendly restaurant. Thanks again for inviting me. Is she sleeping?" I cautiously asked, but it was already out of my mouth. I heard her in the background screaming Mr. Alex, excitedly.

She grabbed the cellphone from her mother. "Mr. Alex, I had so much fun today, with you and mommy. Can you spend time with us, tomorrow?"

I knew this wasn't a good idea. "I'm glad you had a good time, I did too sweetie. You need to go to bed young lady, it's late. Can you put your mommy back on the phone?" I couldn't believe I was sounding like a parent now.

Am I losing my mind? What did I just get myself into?

"Hi Alex, I guess you can hear how wound up Liliana still is from today. Thank you again for coming, and taking us to lunch. I know our conversation with her teacher was a lot to take in."  Megan hesitated.

"Please know, that I haven't put any ideas in her head. I actually don't know where this is all coming from. I'm sorry, if it scared the daylights out of you. She's only five, and she'll get over it." Megan was trying to reassure herself, more than me.

"I'm fine, with the whole drawing of us as a family, believe it or not. It just tells me that Liliana needs a male figure in her life. I would be honored to spend more time with her, and you of course." Megan had a way of making me feel, and say things that I normally wouldn't. 

I couldn't help myself around her or Liliana.

"She asked about tomorrow, but I'm working during the day since I took off today. Maybe Sunday?" I just went with the flow. This little girl has me wrapped around her finger, and her beautiful mom comes along with the wrapping.

"Okay, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to do something on Sunday. I'll wait to tell her or she'll never go to sleep. Goodnight Alex, and thank you." I could hear the deep appreciation, and emotions in her voice.

"Goodnight, Megan. You don't have to thank me. It's for Liliana." I tried to convince myself that I was strictly doing this for Liliana. But something in me knew there was a lot more going on than I cared to admit to myself.

                                         ~Don't Forget To Vote/Comment~❤️
I hope you enjoy Megan, Liliana and Alex's Journey as the Story unfolds....
Chapter 3 is a Game Changer!!