Chapter 7

Alex

We finished up our meeting, with the board of directors. Chance and I stayed behind in the conference room. We discussed this whole unforeseen set of events regarding, Liliana. We were figuring out the best way to approach this situation.

Barbara, rushed inside the room out of breath. "Mr. Corwin, there are news reporters everywhere in front of our building. John McKay, is holding a Press Conference. He is telling people he wants his daughter back. And that the rich, entitled, Corwin family think they'll stop him. But he will have his day in court."

"Chance, please turn the news on. Let's see what this nutcase is saying. I don't want Megan to see this. Barbara, call my mother and let her know to keep Liliana away from the TV. Thank you." I sounded heated to my own ears. This John McKay, is a bigger problem than we realized.

"All I want is my daughter back. My wife and I had her taken away from us, and illegally adopted. My daughter is five years old. She is in the custody of Megan Kennedy. Just because her boyfriend is Alex Corwin, she thinks she can pay me off to keep me quiet. I don't want the Corwins money. I just want my precious Liliana, back," John pretended to be so dejected and tearful, as he put his arm around his wife.mThey kept their eyes on the sidewalk. His wife kept wiping her tear-streaked face.

"What game is this guy playing?" Chance, pounded his fist on the table.

"I don't know, but he has messed with the wrong family. I've lost my patience! Now, he will not get any money, and he will not get Liliana." I stood at the window, looking at the sea of news outlets, and the circus act of John McKay.

Megan, came into the conference room. "I saw John's news conference, I got an alert on my cellphone. What are we going to do now?" She directed her question to no one in particular. She stood there looking dazed and confused.

"Megan have a seat, you've been through a lot of trauma today. Did you eat or drink anyt—"  I was interrupted by Brandon, being interviewed outside of the Corwin Development Corporation offices.

"My client, Miss Kennedy, has no comment at this time. However, I will say that she adopted Liliana Kennedy, as an infant five years ago. She was not aware of any legal issues, with said adoption. John McKay and his wife, were not deemed fit parents at the time. Miss Kennedy was Liliana's, Foster Mother. She was given the opportunity to adopt Liliana, so she did. This matter is being handled through the judicial system. We have followed all of the proper legal procedures, and filed the appropriate paperwork to resolve this matter. No further comment."  Brandon, stepped away from the podium and didn't answer any questions.

Brandon walked in the building, and up to the conference room. "Great job, especially, last minute. Thank you for handling everything. You handled it like a pro." I clapped Brandon on his back.

"You were very poised, under all of that stress of an unannounced Press Conference." Chance shook his head, and fell back into a chair.

"I did my job, for my Client. We have a fight ahead of us.We can't underestimate our opponent.  We have to prepare, for all case scenarios. I hope you're up to this fight, Megan." Brandon turned his attention to her with, a steady gaze.

"I'm up to any fight that involves my daughter. I will fight John, with every ounce of strength and breath in me. I will not let that man waltz in and take her from me. He wasn't fit then and I'm sure he isn't now. I grew up in the Foster Care System. I went from home to home. I was separated from my two siblings. That's why I adopted, Liliana. I didn't want her to go from home to home. I loved her, instantly." Megan, dropped a bombshell revelation on us. My brothers and I just looked at each other.