Chapter 6

Thanks to everyone whp has read my book. It means a lot. If you like it keep reading; if you really like it comment and if you really, really like it vote!

Christian growled. “Both of you stop it. Don not undermine my authority. I am Christian Antonio-” he did not get a chance to finish because Maia interrupted.

     “Yeah, yeah. Christian Antonio Jose Perez… I’ve heard this speech a million times and trust me it’s gotten old. Don’t you think so?” she asked me a mischievous glint in her grey eyes.

      I shrugged. “I guess not… I’ve only heard him say it once before.” I said. I was trying super hard not to laugh. Maia was totally awesome; in fact, she was the only member of the family who had not talked about my ‘smell’. That was a plus- since I was really fed up about it.

    “Trust me,” she said, “it will. I mean ever since he became Alpha, that’s how it’s been. Christian Antonio Jose Perez… blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I am the Alpha, you will show me respect…” she rolled her eyes, a huge smile on her face.

     Not able to hold it in anymore, I burst out laughing and Christian growled a second time. “Enough! Both of you stop. Now!” he was really pissed off.

    I sighed. “Lighten up, it was just a joke.” I said. Why was he so pissed off? We were just kidding around and if I had known that he was going to be this uptight; I would’ve run away when we first met.

     Christian must have heard my thoughts through the mind link because he suddenly grabbed me and shoved me into the bedroom. “Stay there!” he ordered then he went back outside.

     “You are a bad influence on Emily. Making jokes like that, is not something you do in front of other people.” I heard him say to his sister.

   “Whatever,” Maia responded.

   “Stop it! Right now! Do not speak to me that way. Ever.” His voice boomed loud and clear.

    “Fine! I’m leaving and I’m never coming back here again! And I won’t speak to you… ever!” she said sounding hurt. I heard her stomp off and shut the front door then shortly after, Christian burst through the bedroom door, eyes blazing.

Christian’s P.O.V

  When Maia left, I felt like slapping myself. I had no right to yell at Maia like that; I mean, she didn’t really even do anything. So, what was I so worked up about? I sighed, frustrated. Then, there was Emily, I should not have yelled at her. But, she was too soft. If she didn’t toughen up, what kind of Luna would she make? I took a few breaths to calm myself before I barged into the bedroom door.

   Emily was sitting on the bed patiently. I noticed that she was wearing new clothes- a pretty floral print dress and matching sandals. She looked absolutely goddess-like and I didn’t feel like doing anything but ripping off her clothes and picking up where we left off last night.

    I looked at her and she looked at me. We stared at each other for a short while and I could already tell that she wasn’t afraid of me. I saw it in her eyes- she was trying to be tough. I frowned. It was not as if I wanted her to be afraid of me; I just wanted her to be respectful-the way a good mate should.

  “Say something already.” She said, breaking the silence, “I hate awkward silences.”

   I snarled. “Fine. You are not allowed to see Maia- you already have a big enough attitude without her help. You are not allowed to leave this house without my permission and an escort and I should know where you are at all times.”