Ch2

After the first years had been sorted, Dumbledore stood up. "Welcome everyone, for another year at Hogwarts. We have had two changes in staff this year. We are welcoming back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures, and Professor Umbridge, who will be our new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher." As Dumbledore continued to speak, Harry zoned out again and thought of the events over the summer.

He remembered Vernon stumbling home drunk, from a night out, and Harry being threatened with a knife. It wasn't unusual for Harry, for he had never told his friends the extent of the abuse from his relatives. The only reason he was worried that night was that Vernon was drunk, and had no self control. Harry had threatened Vernon with his wand, but his uncle had grabbed it and snapped it into pieces. Then Vernon had attacked him, slashing Harry's cheek open with said knife. All Harry could remember was wishing he could stupefy his uncle, and then Vernon was on the floor, unconscious. The Order had then rescued him and taken him to Grimmauld place. (There are no dementors or trial in this au)

Harry had began to experiment and realized he didn't need his wand to perform magic. Deciding to keep his newfound powers a secret, he had grabbed a stick roughly the same size as his wand and put a glamour on it, so it would look like his wand. He had also managed to put on the glamour he normally wore at Hogwarts, to hide his scars and bruising. Madame Pomphrey was the only one who knew, and she swore she wouldn't tell a soul. Harry had opted not to hide his cheek because when the Order had rescued him, everyone had already seen it, and it wasn't as easy to hide as the ones that a pair of pants and a jacket could cover. Of course, all they knew was that he got cold easily, and Harry had deflected all their questions.

Suddenly, Hermione was pulling him up. "Harry, you were spacing out again. Are you sure you're okay?" she asked, worried. Harry nodded, remembering the odd voice: They don't really care for you, you know. Almost as if Harry had summoned it, it was back. It's true. She just doesn't want the precious Golden Boy to break on her. Of course, you're already broken. Hermione cares about me, and so does Ron, and Neville, and Ginny, and all my friends. Remus, and Sirius, and Dumbledore- If Dumbledore really cared for you, then why would he drop you off as a baby on the Dursley's doorstep, waiting for a life of abuse and neglect? Why would Dumbledore put you in an abusive home? Harry stopped, then slowly shook his head. He didn't know they were abusive, Harry thought, and the voice fell silent. But yet he couldn't get his mind off those words.

Why would Dumbledore put you in an abusive home?

Hi so I'm back with another chapter

The next chapter will be longer I promise

My birthday is tomorrow so happy birthday to me 🎉

I've decided that I'm going to post on Wednesday's and Saturday's so yeah

I hope you had a great week because I didn't since it was the first week of school

I don't have anything else to say so yeah

Bye I guess