Ch4

Harry opened his eyes to find himself surrounded by white. He realized he was in the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey came over to him. "Already in the Hospital Wing on the first week back. Are you trying to get yourself killed?" she said, casting spells on him. "Well, it looks like just collapsed from exhaustion. I treated the cuts on your hand. You're well enough to go to classes, but you should stay here-" Harry sat up, cutting Madame Pomfrey off. "I feel fine, thank you." She shoved a piece of chocolate in his hand as he ran to his dorms, gathering his bags for class. He rushed to Care of Magical Creatures, which was with the Slytherins. Inwardly, Harry groaned. Malfoy was just another one of his problems.

"Heard you fainted last night Potter. Was Umbridge too scary for the Golden Boy?" Malfoy sneered. Harry just scowled at him and pressed his hand to his scar, remembering the pain from last night. "What's that on your hand Potter?" Harry quickly hid his hand, but the damage was done and Malfoy was staring at him with... confusion?  Horror? 

Horror because you're a freak. Fuck off.

Harry quickly checked himself to make sure his glamour was in place. "Sod off Malfoy." he said, walking away, confused about Malfoy's actions.

The week passed by in a blur, with the huge amounts of homework, Umbridge's detentions, the nagging voice in his head, and Malfoy constantly staring at his hand, Harry was exhausted. Hermione and Ron kept on pestering him on how he was doing and if he was ok, and frankly he was getting tired of it. As Harry left Umbridge's office for hopefully the last time, he stared at his hand that was now freely bleeding. His hand had been cut open so many times that Harry was sure it wouldn't heal. He was walking down the corridor when he walked straight into someone, knocking them over.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't-" Harry stopped as he noticed who he had knocked over. Malfoy. "What are you doing out so late, Potter?"he said as he stood up. "Detention with Umbridge." Harry mumbled, starting to walk away when Malfoy grabbed Harry's arm. Malfoy stared at Harry's hand, which had finally stopped bleeding. Malfoy let go, looking... horrified? "Is she... doing this?" Malfoy gestured to Harry's hand. Harry nodded. Malfoy just stared at him. Finally, he spoke. "Potter, look, I know that you probably hate me for how I've treated you over the years, but maybe we could call a truce?" Malfoy stuck out his hand, and Harry had a strong sense of deja vu from first year. Harry stared at it, then slowly rose and shook Malfoy's hand. Smart move, making friends with a Malfoy. Malfoy stared at him in shock, then ran off. Harry stood there, just as confused. What had just happened?

=+=+=+=

As Harry walked to Potions, he heard footsteps behind him. He turned around to see Malfoy and his cronies walking towards him. Probably to tease me about trusting a Slytherin. Malfoy just walked past him, completely ignoring him. When Crabbe and Goyle weren't looking, he glanced at Harry and gave him a barely perceptible nod. Harry nodded back. "What was that about?" Ron asked, watching Malfoy. "He just ignored us." Harry shrugged in response. When they arrived, they sat down and waited for lessons to begin.

"Now today, we will be brewing Polyjuice Potion." Harry, Ron, and Hermione glanced knowingly at each other. "As this is a highly complex potion, you will be working in pairs. And I can see you eyeing Potter, Weasley. I have already picked out partners. The partners are, Parvati and Zabini , Bulstrode and Goyle, Crabbe and Greengrass... " As Snape droned on, Harry zoned out, until he heard his name being called. "Potter and Malfoy, Longbottom and Weasley, Crabbe and Granger..." Harry looked at Malfoy, who didn't seem fazed. "...Finnigan and Parkinson, and Brown and Macmillan."

"Now get to work!" There was a flurry of movement as everyone moved to their partners, and began gathering supplies.

"Sorry mate," Ron whispered as Malfoy set down his bag next to Harry. Harry flipped open his potions book. "Ok, so it says that we need fluxweed picked on the full moon, which is tomorrow, so I guess we will need to go pick it?" Malfoy nodded. "I'll meet you at the forbidden forest tomorrow night, at 7:00."

Harry walked down to Hagrid's hut under his invisibility cloak to see Malfoy looking around. Harry took off his cloak and watched as Malfoy jumped at least a foot into the air. "God Potter, how did you do that?" Harry held up his cloak. Malfoy stared at it. "An invisibility cloak. Those are pretty rare, where did you get it?" "My dad." Harry responded. Malfoy looked like he was about to say something, then caught himself. They walked into the forest and followed a winding trail until they arrived at a clearing filled with fluxweed. "So how much of this do we need?" Harry asked. "Grab a handful." Malfoy said. There was an awkward silence for a while until Harry spoke up.

"Hey Malfoy, why did you want to make a truce with me anyways?" Harry asked. Malfoy sighed. "Well, the Dark Lord lives at my Manor, and while I do believe that purebloods are superior to mudbloods, I don't think murder is the best way to get rid of them. All that belongs to my father, who hangs on to the Dark Lord's every word. Honestly, I don't want to become a death eater" "Then join our side. Dumbledore is-" Harry said, but was cut off. "The thing is, I don't want to join the Light either. I guess I just want to be neutral. I've thought about leaving Hogwarts and going somewhere far away, where I won't have to take a side in this bloody war. I just..." Malfoy stopped and looked at Harry. "Why am I telling you this? I can't tell anyone about this. If the Dark Lord finds out-" Harry silenced him. "I think you're telling me this because you need someone to talk to. An since you've told me one of your secrets, I'll tell you one of mine."

"Ever since I came to Hogwarts, I've had all this pressure on me to succeed. Everyone thinks that I'm so special, and that I'm strong enough to kill him, but I'm not. I'm only 15 for Merlin's sake, how am I supposed to kill one of the most powerful wizards in the world? I can barely pass my potions exams, how am I supposed to kill someone? I just want to be normal. It was so weird when I first arrived from Hogwarts, because I went from zero attention to everyone's attention. There's also the fact that I have to deal with someone trying to kill me every year. First the Philosophers stone, then the basilisk, then Peter Pettigrew, and then the bloody tournament. And now Voldemort's back, no one believes me, and I have to deal with bloody Umbridge!" 

Harry paused to catch his breath and looked at Malfoy, who just stared back. The boys just stared at each other awkwardly, and Harry began wishing the ground would swallow him whole. Suddenly there was a crack, Malfoy's surprised shouts, and then Harry was falling into darkness.

So nothing special has happened

School is boring as fuck and it's only the third week

I moved my bed closer to the window so I can feel the breeze and its so much better ohmygod idk why I didn't move it earlier

I've been reading a lot of de aging fics and I like it when Harry is a kid but all I can find are Malfoy ones instead so if anyone can recommend me some good ones that would be nice

This story is going to be super angsty but idk if I can write it good but yeah this idea has been stuck in my head for way too long

You reader are fantastic

Ok thats it for now

Bye I guess

(Thats like my new catchphrase now woah)